Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? Or, are you planning on using your tax refund toward any expenses related to your car?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Are you the parent of a generation Z child (born in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s)? Do you have differing opinions on the importance of buying a car, what types of vehicles you're interested in, or just how you view cars in general? If so, a reporter would like to speak with you and your child. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

jetta tdi wont crank

mickiemickie biloxi,msPosts: 1
edited September 2018 in Volkswagen
2000 jetta tdi cranks but wont start. no engine light or glow plug light

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 62,987
    Well there are a lot of possibilities here. If it were my car and I had no access to scan tools but didn't want to just start replacing $$$ parts, I would do the following on my own:

1. Check your fuel shut-off valve to make sure it's not stuck in the off position. This can be moved by hand. You can check in with the TDI club about this:

http://www.tdiclub.com/

I would also check any fuses related to the fuel pump

And last of all, I'd change the fuel filter, if you haven't done so in a long while. This sometimes will cure the no start.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here