Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Are you currently car shopping and intentionally avoiding vehicles with all of the flashy new infotainment and technology features? Are you considering an older car just to avoid the complex tech, or trying to find a new model that’s as basic as possible? If so, a reporter would love to speak to you. Please send a note to [email protected] with your information by the end of the day on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019.

No spark no start

Krissy7785Krissy7785 Clearwater FLPosts: 1
edited October 2018 in Chevrolet
Fuel pump is good I heard a noise when I try to start it. Fuel pump fuse under hood is good. But I checked for spark and I don't have any what do I do now

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 62,876
    On a distributor type system it's important to test all of the spark plug wires and the ignition cable that feeds the spark from the ignition coil do the distributor cap. Why? Here are the three main reasons why:

To find out if some of the spark plug wires are not delivering spark.
    This would cause the engine to flood out with gasoline, thus causing a no start.

To find out if the distributor cap is receiving Spark but isn't sending it out to the spark plugs.
    This could be caused by the cap itself or the rotor. This is a very common no start cause.

To find out if there's No Spark at all, anywhere. If so the most likely causes are:
    The fuse that feeds power to the coil(s) is blown.
    The relay that feeds it this Power is BAD.
    The ignition module is BAD.
    The crankshaft position sensor is BAD.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here