Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Turn signal flash fast and the left side will not blink when brake pedal is pushed

GoldenOldie2000GoldenOldie2000 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2018 in Chevrolet
Awhile back my turn signals quit flashing so I replaced the flasher now they blink fast and the four ways blink normal.That's not terrible but now when the brake pedal is pushed the left rear will not blink checked the ground for that side I don't believe any bulbs are burned out.And took noticed that the cruise control stopped working if I go to a dealer they take you over the coals any thoughts or ideas would help to solve this.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    My guess is that you have a short somewhere and voltage is backfeeding. This may require a wiring diagram and continuity testing of both brake and directional circuits. The only solution is methodical diagnosis. You might check very closely for any damage at the left directional socket assemblies. Also properly ground the left side with a jumper wire.