Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Snow Tires

JVILLOJVILLO Member Posts: 1
edited November 2018 in MINI
i live in Columbus, Ohio, do I need to put Snow Tires on my Mini Convertible Cooper S? I don't know how it will handle on ice and snow. I am moving to Florida this summer so I don't want to make a big investment on snow tires.
would it even help to have two snow tires on the back, I think the care is front wheel drive
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    JVILLO said:

i live in Columbus, Ohio, do I need to put Snow Tires on my Mini Convertible Cooper S? I don't know how it will handle on ice and snow. I am moving to Florida this summer so I don't want to make a big investment on snow tires.
    would it even help to have two snow tires on the back, I think the care is front wheel drive

You don't want to put just two winter tires on any car, especially a FWD car.

What did you drive before you got the Mini? Did you have winter tires on it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    JVILLO said:

What's on there now? Some all season tires do OK in that climate - but it always pays to be cautious. When the weather is bad, avoid travel if you can.

And it might be worth the time to try the car out on a deserted parking lot after the first snow to get used to the feel. You will find that most folks forget how to drive in snow and the first snowfall is always a mess.