Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2019 Honda Passport

2»

Comments

• Options
    JRE72JRE72 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2019
    Per a local dealer, they are doing leases on Passports (no incentives). They did not give me any details though.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    You may well get a better deal on the Pilot. Seems to have a lot of inventory these days.
  • Options
    JRE72JRE72 Member Posts: 8
    berri said:

You may well get a better deal on the Pilot. Seems to have a lot of inventory these days.

Pilot is just a little too big for my tastes...I don't have kids or anything to need that much room but would like to do some modest towing. Not interesting in a truck though.
  • Options
    rgf42rgf42 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know what quasi-dual exhaust on the Passport means? Probably means one is a falsi.
  • Options
    gregchgregch Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a Passport AWD Touring about 2 weeks ago and so far I love it. I also have a 2016 Pilot to compare against. The ride is stiffer and noticeably higher than the Pilot. I was able to get MSRP - $4,000 as have several other new Passport owners so the pricing is not sky high unless you are too lazy to chase after a deal. I purchased it 240 miles away because I wanted a Scarlet Pearl which are almost impossible to get and my local dealer would not discount a single dollar. I only have 180 milers on it so we are still getting to know each other. The Apple Carplay is great and all is familiar because its all Pilot-like. I was more interested in the CRV for a while until the CVT and defective turbo engine were used; too bad.

Many people don't like the safety features but I sure do. The lane and blind-spot force me to drive better, a good reminder to use turn signals when changing lanes. The adaptive cruse is great and make highway driving much easier.
  • Options
    gregchgregch Member Posts: 2
    ROMIL said:

toledo73 said:

ROMIL said:

jimm70 said:

I was going in whole hog until I saw the 20 inch wheels standard on all models. Yuk!.....and the black ones look even worse than Yuk. Will not be a soft riding vehicle. I’m out.

My parents just drove a 2019 Passport Touring yesterday and said it rode very well. Very similar to the Pilot. They only had two on the lot, a Touring and an Elite.
    Did the passport have better handling, road feel?
    I performed several high speed turns and zig-zags with mine and it feels really solid; no body lean, clean tracking, and a nice wheel feel. It seems more secure than my 16 Pilot.

• Options
    toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    gregch said:

I purchased a Passport AWD Touring about 2 weeks ago and so far I love it. I also have a 2016 Pilot to compare against. The ride is stiffer and noticeably higher than the Pilot. I was able to get MSRP - $4,000 as have several other new Passport owners so the pricing is not sky high unless you are too lazy to chase after a deal. I purchased it 240 miles away because I wanted a Scarlet Pearl which are almost impossible to get and my local dealer would not discount a single dollar. I only have 180 milers on it so we are still getting to know each other. The Apple Carplay is great and all is familiar because its all Pilot-like. I was more interested in the CRV for a while until the CVT and defective turbo engine were used; too bad.

Many people don't like the safety features but I sure do. The lane and blind-spot force me to drive better, a good reminder to use turn signals when changing lanes. The adaptive cruse is great and make highway driving much easier.

Congrats! I drove a passport, pilot and CRV yesterday. The passport had better handling than the Pilot and I was impressed. I may pull the trigger in the next few weeks. They are not selling here, but still firm on price.
  • Options
    vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Attention Honda Passport buyers!

Read the Motor Trend comparison test report between 2019 Chevy Blazer and 2019 Honda Passport.

The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer BEATS the Passport hands down. I am pasting an excerpt from the Motor Trend report:
    Good family relationships often involve compromise, and that's what the Chevrolet Blazer does well. The Blazer is powerful, composed, and fun to drive while offering the latest in infotainment, a shockingly spacious rear seat, and creature comforts like heated seats and power ports for devices. Its stylish sheet metal helps it stand out in a sea of lozenge-shaped crossovers.

The Blazer is the family vehicle that actually appeals to the whole family, and for that reason it upsets the Honda on its home court.
  • Options
    deerlake7deerlake7 Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2019
    "Car and Driver's" test this week has the Passport coming in first, so you really can't tell what's good, or bad from these reviews. We all are interested in different things and you have to try them for yourself. I've tested both of them and although neither one struck my fancy, I thought the Passport was far superior. The rear visibility in the Blazer is so poor it's almost criminal. To make things worse, you have to buy the extremely high priced (compared to the competition) top trim to get the full suite of safety items. Despite what reviewers say, I found the interior materials cheap and claustrophobic with a small cargo area and, at best, a marginal ride quality. Yes, the Blazer will out corner the Passport, but taken as a package, I'd take the Passport any day. As a side note, "Car and Driver" had the Santa Fe coming in second, with the Blazer catching the bronze.
  • Options
    codehackcodehack Member Posts: 1
    vrm said:

Attention Honda Passport buyers!

Read the Motor Trend comparison test report between 2019 Chevy Blazer and 2019 Honda Passport.

But.. it's a, Chevy.
  • Options
    BenjaminSEBenjaminSE Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Just bought the Touring model after having a much loved 2015 Odyssey.
    Absolutely loving the Passport.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Just bought the Touring model after having a much loved 2015 Odyssey.
    Absolutely loving the Passport.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator