Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I leased a 2016 Jetta. The lease says "You have the option to purchase the vehicle for $11,155 and a

Bill_Kg_77Bill_Kg_77 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2018 in Volkswagen
I leased a 2016 Jetta. The lease says "You have the option to purchase the vehicle for $11,155 and a fee of N/A." The VW dealer imposed various fees amounting to about $3,000, resulting in a price of $14,000, which is coincidently the asking price for used 2016 Jettas.
Is this common, my previous leases matched the Contract?
Do I have a legal recourse?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

I leased a 2016 Jetta. The lease says "You have the option to purchase the vehicle for $11,155 and a fee of N/A." The VW dealer imposed various fees amounting to about $3,000, resulting in a price of $14,000, which is coincidently the asking price for used 2016 Jettas.
    Is this common, my previous leases matched the Contract?
    Do I have a legal recourse?

Unfortunately, we've heard that VW requires their lessees to go through a dealer to exercise their purchase option. But, $3000 seems excessive. Are you including sales tax in that amount? You have to pay sales tax and DMV charges, no matter what.

Have you already done it? If so, probably no recourse, other than to complain to VW. If not, call around to other VW dealers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator