Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lease Negative Equity

methuenbuyermethuenbuyer Posts: 40
edited November 2018 in Acura
Are dealership able to just buy off my car and I wouldnt have to pay the remaining payments on the lease in a trade-in ?

I live in MA and I currently have a 2017 TLX with 12 months left on my lease. I want to get into a new lease on the 2019 RDX. The only problem with it is that dealerships are telling me that I have to pay the remaining 12 months to get into a new lease.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,127

Are dealership able to just buy off my car and I wouldnt have to pay the remaining payments on the lease in a trade-in ?

I live in MA and I currently have a 2017 TLX with 12 months left on my lease. I want to get into a new lease on the 2019 RDX. The only problem with it is that dealerships are telling me that I have to pay the remaining 12 months to get into a new lease.

That's the way it works. The only way out early, is if the trade-in value of the vehicle is equal to the payoff. Which is very rare with a lease.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• about 4 years ago, I was on a similar situation, but I only had 6 months left, I ended up paying the 6 remainders payment, and then I noticed the Dealership listed the price for $5,000 higher than the paid off amount. Is a win win for dealerships no whatever which way.