Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2006 Mazda Tribute 4cyl - Transmission issues

DirtyfingersDirtyfingers Bossier city LaPosts: 4
edited November 2018 in Mazda
So cat was running fine, parked it in drive for the night. Next morning... nothing... Battery checked out good, starter will turn moter over if i jump it. So with those two checking out good, i noticed that when i turned on the key the dash lights came on like normal but the dash showed it to be in Drive... but the floor shifter was in Park. I checked the transmission to make sure it was shifting as I was moving shifter knob, it was! I cam to the conclusion that the Transmission range sensor (also know as range position sensor, among others) which tell the PCM what gear the tranny is in was bad...so i put in a new one...checked the wiring clips and wire for damage, also made sure the new sensor was aligned correctly and that it moved as i shifted the shifter knob. I was certain that thos was the problem.. it did not fix me.. whats next??? Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• DirtyfingersDirtyfingers Bossier city LaPosts: 4
    Battery was good from the start, it was just the first place i started looking for the problem.
    Replaced the PCM... still no start
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Now wait. You said before it started with a jump start. So now it doesn't start even with a jump start?

Maybe you need to start over and explain exactly what the symptoms are and what problem you are trying to solve.
    No,  i said the starter jumped and turned, not tthe car