current MF and deal

jmj91969jmj91969 fresnoMember Posts: 3
edited November 2018 in BMW
lease ending on 7 series, what is current MF 36/12 I am also seeing 2018's for 20,000 off MSRP, what would be a better deal, 2018 or 2019. Looking in bay area or So cal area
Tagged:

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,028
    jmj91969 said:

    lease ending on 7 series, what is current MF 36/12 I am also seeing 2018's for 20,000 off MSRP, what would be a better deal, 2018 or 2019. Looking in bay area or So cal area

    2018 should have bigger discounts

    .00182 and 54%

    Confirm that the discount you are seeing will apply to a lease.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jmj91969jmj91969 fresnoMember Posts: 3
    Why would the discount of 20,000 off MSRP not apply to a lease? and is the MF and residual better on a 2019?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,028
    jmj91969 said:

    Why would the discount of 20,000 off MSRP not apply to a lease? and is the MF and residual better on a 2019?

    Because there are different incentives for a purchase vs. lease. You'd have to confirm that with your dealer.

    The RV and MF are the same for both 2018 and 2019 7-series - .00182 and 54% for 36/12

    No lease incentives on either year. Which really makes me question the $20K discount you've seen.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jmj91969jmj91969 fresnoMember Posts: 3
    Why are there different incentives for a purchase vs. a lease? It was my understanding that you always negotiate the lowest vehicle price then let the dealership know you want to lease?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,028
    jmj91969 said:

    Why are there different incentives for a purchase vs. a lease? It was my understanding that you always negotiate the lowest vehicle price then let the dealership know you want to lease?

    I don't make the decisions at the bank. :smile:

    If you expect the dealer to be transparent with the numbers, you should be transparent about your intentions.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.