Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Bmw dealer charging outrageous title, registration and license fee

mhbrowniemhbrownie Member Posts: 10
edited December 2018 in BMW
So I live in Washington state and am buying a CPO 2016 750ix from a bmw dealership in florida. In addition to wa state sales tax of 6.8% they are charging, until the title registration and license line item 2300$. That can’t be right? I paid ~100 for that at an in state dealer when I bough my mini for 40k new in 2015. The sale price of the car is 61500 with 699 dealer prep and 130 doc fee. Those are the only other charges beyond the sale price. Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,055
    mhbrownie said:

So I live in Washington state and am buying a CPO 2016 750ix from a bmw dealership in florida. In addition to wa state sales tax of 6.8% they are charging, until the title registration and license line item 2300$. That can’t be right? I paid ~100 for that at an in state dealer when I bough my mini for 40k new in 2015. The sale price of the car is 61500 with 699 dealer prep and 130 doc fee. Those are the only other charges beyond the sale price.

Thoughts?

WA state title/registration seem to be about $800-$1000 now.
    Find out what other fees are in that line item. (ask for a breakdown)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator