Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Check out the latest from the Edmunds Editorial Team

Pricing for Q5 Demo Purchase

knlknl 98107Posts: 6
edited December 2018 in Audi
Greetings! I am looking at purchasing a 2018 Q5 Demo (used as a loaner) with 6700 miles on it. It is a PP with almost all options available. They are quoting me $43,888 plus tax, document fee and license for a total of $48,824. Based on the research I've done, I think it should be $41,653 plus tax, document fee and license for a total of $46,666. Wondering what you think is a fair deal for the car? Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 110,947
    knl said:

    Greetings! I am looking at purchasing a 2018 Q5 Demo (used as a loaner) with 6700 miles on it. It is a PP with almost all options available. They are quoting me $43,888 plus tax, document fee and license for a total of $48,824. Based on the research I've done, I think it should be $41,653 plus tax, document fee and license for a total of $46,666. Wondering what you think is a fair deal for the car? Thanks!

    What is the original MSRP?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • knlknl 98107Posts: 6
    If you mean the MSRP when it was new, I don't know that. The MSRP for used was 43,899 with $999 savings for Sales Price of 42,900.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 110,947
    knl said:

    If you mean the MSRP when it was new, I don't know that. The MSRP for used was 43,899 with $999 savings for Sales Price of 42,900.

    Knowing the original MSRP on a loaner is a good gauge to how low they might be able to go, because a lot of the dealer's cost is based around what it was worth when new.

    Whether it's $50K or $54K new, will make a big difference (or, some other number). If you are negotiating for it, I'd ask to see the window sticker. I can guarantee you that they have it. The window sticker will also outline the actual equipment on the vehicle, so you can see if it's missing something you wanted.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • knlknl 98107Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    The sticker is $54,185. All equipment is as stated on the sticker, except All Weather Floor Mats. If it is on the sticker, do they need to include them in the sale? They are also giving me a one year extended warranty beyond what remains and throwing in the projector rings. Based on this info, do you think the $42,900 is fair? If not, what do you think would be? Happy to post the sticker if it would be helpful.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 110,947
    knl said:

    The sticker is $54,185. All equipment is as stated on the sticker, except All Weather Floor Mats. If it is on the sticker, do they need to include them in the sale? They are also giving me a one year extended warranty beyond what remains and throwing in the projector rings. Based on this info, do you think the $42,900 is fair? If not, what do you think would be? Happy to post the sticker if it would be helpful.

    If you are buying the car, then they aren't required to have it match the sticker equipment. If it was a lease, then everything on the sticker would have to be on the vehicle.

    It's hard to value nearly new cars, as there aren't enough comparable values in the used car market for comparison.
    But, on a brand-new unit, financed with AFS, there are $2750 of incentives available right now. Plus, we see discounts of $3000-$4000 on top of that. That implies a transaction price of about $48K on that car, if it were new. $5000 more off to account for $6700 miles? That seems fair.

    But, lower is always better. It seems you are in the ballpark, so try to get as low as you can.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • knlknl 98107Posts: 6
    Thanks so much for your input and advice!
Sign In or Register to comment.