Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? Or, are you planning on using your tax refund toward any expenses related to your car?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Are you the parent of a generation Z child (born in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s)? Do you have differing opinions on the importance of buying a car, what types of vehicles you're interested in, or just how you view cars in general? If so, a reporter would like to speak with you and your child. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

2018 Accord TRG 1.5T Lease price

Jason6651Jason6651 Posts: 2
edited January 12 in Honda
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new lease and wanted to run the first pricing that I received by the forum to see how much room I have to negotiate with. I am in Suffolk County, NY. This is for a 2018 model as stated in the title.

36/12k
MSRP $34,695
Money Factor .000720
Residual is %51
$0 down / $399 per month

Thank you!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 104,325
    Jason6651 said:

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new lease and wanted to run the first pricing that I received by the forum to see how much room I have to negotiate with. I am in Suffolk County, NY. This is for a 2018 model as stated in the title.

36/12k
    MSRP $34,695
    Money Factor .000720
    Residual is %51
    $0 down / $399 per month

Thank you!

.00072 MF and 51% residual is correct.
    $2900 incentive on this model.

What is the selling price and adjusted CAP cost associated with that quote?
    What is the exact amount Due at Signing?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Jason6651Jason6651 Posts: 2
    edited January 14
    Thanks - took a little for the dealer to get back to me but here is the info
    Selling price $28,800
    Cap cost $17,694
    Due at signing $498.59 (Plus plates)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 104,325
    Jason6651 said:

Thanks - took a little for the dealer to get back to me but here is the info
    Selling price $28,800
    Cap cost $17,694
    Due at signing $498.59 (Plus plates)

$17694 is the residual, not the CAP cost.

Adjusted CAP cost would have to be about $30,800 to get that payment.
    $2000 over their selling price

$595 acquisition fee
    $1200 sales tax?

Looks pretty close.. Ask for the adjusted CAP and the amounts used to get that number.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator