Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

cannot get all cylinders to fire 95 7.3 powerstroke

95pstroke95pstroke Member Posts: 1
edited January 2019 in Ford
okay guys so here is the deal, a few weeks ago I picked up a 95 f350 with the 7.3 diesel. I am new to owning a diesel and kinda lost. It fires up very well but from what I can tell it is not firing on the front 2 cylinders on the passenger side. I have tested all the wires in the valve cover harness and they have power and when I check for resistance I cant seem to find any indicating that the wires are good.. I think. i have replaced those injectors and no change. it doesn't make very good power and i am at a loss. i have been under the hood all day and tested everything i can think of but cant find the problem. i am trying to avoid going to the dealership as they want about 120 dollars an hour and i cant afford to do that. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and checked out to the best of my abilities. i apologize in advance for any dumbing down that your suggestions may require

Answers