Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Control board for panel lights?

alhansenalhansen Member Posts: 2
edited February 2019 in Dodge
Since new, my 'o8 Dakota has had a problem with all instrument panel lights coming on. It happens maybe only a couple times a year. When it sits overnight all lights are off except check engine. That usually goes off in another day or even a few hours. Local dealer washed their hands of problem as they blamed after market heated seats...which were dealer installed. Unfortunately that dealer is 600 miles away. When I bought the pickup over the phone, I was not told the heated seats were not factory installed. I know problem is not the heated seats as I disconnected them and problem reoccurred.

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    If the CEL light is on, that means a code might be stored. First thing, have the truck scanned for codes.
  • alhansenalhansen Member Posts: 2
    Reno Dodge techs said codes indicated battery problem. They didn't have any idea of cause until they found out that after market heated seats were installed.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It still might be a battery ground problem or an engine-to-frame ground problem.