Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Problem with rear air shocks

MarenceMarence Member Posts: 1
edited February 2019 in GMC
I have had problems blowing seals on my rear air shocks on my 2015 Yukon XL. The local GM dealer (Barber's Motors in Weyburn, SK), have been great helping me through this. They just replaced both shocks as well as the compressor as they feared there could be an issue with a valve on the compressor. Anyway, the compressor has since been running way too long (same issue as before) and today when the compressor shut down, for the first time ever, I heard a fairly loud pop, which sounded like a shock blowing a seal. I just got off the phone to ask them if there could be a faulty relay or ECU. The service manager said there is a relay in the system as well as a module. So my thoughts are to replace both, rather then take a chance. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues similar to mine?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    The dealer should be able to scan the system to identify possible electronic issues (not necessarily mechanical ones). Also, there may be new reprogramming available for this system through GM.