Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Grand Chereokee keeps stalling after starting it.

Luiaff101Luiaff101 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2019 in Jeep
I have a 2007 Grand Chereokee 3.7L 6 Cyl, that ive recently swapped the engine for a new one after the old one failed. After the job was done, when I was driving the car completely shut off, then it started back on with out any hesitation. I went back home and it did it again on idle. I checked all fuses including fuel pump relay, and all of them seem to be good, checked all grounds and all good, changed throttle body, crankshaft sensor, and still doing the same thing. No check engine light, or any other warning lights are on as well

Answers

• Luiaff101Luiaff101 Member Posts: 3
    Please Help
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Have you checked thoroughly for vacuum leaks?--given the engine swap, this could certainly be an issue. You can use brake clean, or even a good cigar, to check for vacuum leaks!
  • Luiaff101Luiaff101 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    That is one of the the first things I did, and the weird part is that no warning lights what so ever go off on the dashboard speedometer. Not even the check engine light.