Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

small budget

elifuhrerelifuhrer Posts: 2
edited March 18 in General
hi I am looking for a sedan that I can either lease for under 150 a month or I can buy a car for something like 8k. but if I do buy a car I would like it to last me. anyone have any ideas

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,214
    elifuhrer said:

hi I am looking for a sedan that I can either lease for under 150 a month or I can buy a car for something like 8k. but if I do buy a car I would like it to last me. anyone have any ideas

It is highly unlikely that you can lease a new car for $150/mo, now.

Lots of opportunities to buy something with an $8K budget. Try posting your question here, and let our experts help you:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• VinriderVinrider BoisePosts: 7
    You should be able to find something lightly used with plenty of miles left on it for $8K or less. I'd steer clear of giving yourself a monthly payment with that budget though - sounds like a potential problem to me. If I were in your shoes, I'd look for something that's 8-10 years old and has 100K or less miles on it. So long as it's been kept in decent shape and maintained, that should keep you going for a while.