Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

DODGE DAKOTA QUAD CAB

Comments

• Options
    yank2yank2 Member Posts: 49
    My first tank in my 2002 Ram Ouad was the same as my 2000 Dakota 14.5.first tank.
  • Options
    mk39mk39 Member Posts: 18
    I get anywhere from 15.5 (with loaded horse trailer behind) to 19.5 (60mph highway driving) with my QC 4x4 manual 4.7l 3.92 axle. I'm at 7000 miles. Running at 70mph drops the mpg to around 16.
  • Options
    dskoczylasdskoczylas Member Posts: 22
    I get between 16 and 18 mpg with a combination city/highway with my qc 4x4 5 speed with 3.92's. It is usually closer to 16 mpg. With 3.92s and a manual 5 speed It is just too much fun to beat on, so gas mileage suffers.
  • Options
    mtrogstadmtrogstad Member Posts: 21
    Well, I haven't visited the site for awhile so I have been busy reading the hundreds of messages from the last couple months. Lots of interesting stuff.

I got my 2001 QC last March. I now have over 11,000 miles on it. (Thanks to a honeymoon trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota) I am averaging about 12 MPG in town, 17-18 MPG highway.

I love this truck. I have added a line-X bedliner and a roll-n-lock cover. I have been satisfied with both.

I have only had a couple problems. My check engine light come on just as I was headed out of town for the weekend. I made a quick trip to the dealer and they hooked up the computer. They took my gas cap off and put it back on and sent me on my way. I remember reading that in the manual but forgot to check.

While reading back through the messages I missed in the last few months I noticed several people have the sam problem that I do with my truck wanting to stall on cold starts. I have taken my truck in twice for this and they have not fixed it. Once the changed my idle settings and the next time they told me Dodge was aware of the problem but had not came out with an update to fix it. However, reading the messages on the board it sounds like some of you have gotten this problem fixed. What do I need to tell my dealership to lead them in the right direction? Is there a certain PCM update number?

One last item. I know ayrow had gotten custom tow hook brackets made previously. However, I was just wondering if anyone had seen these on the market yet? If not, does ayrow have any dimension he could post or do I have to do my own dirty work? :-)
  • Options
    sky33sky33 Member Posts: 26
    I'm in the market for a pickup truck. I've been doing some research and have narrowed it down to the Dak QC or the Tundra. I don't do alot of hauling so the truck would be mainly for occassional trips to Home Depot & hauling family around. I really like the room of the Dak and the styling is on the money. My biggest concern is the reliability and quality of the Dak. The Turndra has it's problems but seems to be extremely reliable. Could owners of the Dak tell me if they've been happy with the quality and reliablitiy of their trucks. Thanks!
  • Options
    ahasherahasher Member Posts: 236
    well.. I have a 2000 SLT+ 4.7 auto T&H etc... I have had an idle problem which was resolved (another story) a electric fan relay BBQ my fusebox and a crank pos. sensor fail.. Those were my major problems. I very much agree with others that a engine such as the 4.7 should not have idle problems as I/We have had, and a relay is a relay.. they blow.. a pain but that happens; and the sensor.. ok bad quality possibly.
    I have had some cosmetic issues such as weather-strip needing ME to reapply for example.

So, to answer your question about out feelings on the QC.. a resounding LOVE IT! The QC LOOKS like a truck.. not a toy painted as a truck. It handles as good as I could ever want.. the rack/pinion feels great at all speeds. The tranny shifts smooooooth and the 4.7 gives me all the power I could want.. Passing is a treat for me now.. tap the gas, the tranny says "cool" and Im gone. It just plain SOUNDS good with just the stock pipes. In fact research that I have done, the stock hardware is quite efficient.. even cold air intakes are not all that effective, so shadetree mechanics such as myself dont need to see about add-ons to get more power.. the 4.7 has it already. (BOSH plugs are a possibility tho)
    The 2 rear doors are one of the features I also based my decision on.. opens 90 degrees and kids/stuff are in and out easily. And the rear room is great. No complaints yet on legroom or seat comfort (altho the Durango arguably has better seats by comparison)..
    I love the dash/cockpit setup.. since I drive ALOT. long commute.. kinda simple but thats the idea.
    Ok overall. the interior workmanship is good.. better materials is always a request by owners..
    Exterior on mine anyway is excellent.. at 35000 miles and almost 2 years, after a good waxing, she looks new again. Tires hardly show any wear, and NO - and I mean NO rattles or squeaks inside. Outside we have seen some suspension popping, which I have rarely.
    Wind noise is excellent (low).. and my AC is COLD, except for pos 1, which is has weak flow. Ask bpeebles about insulating the AC.
    IMHO ..I recommend the QC from the inside out
    Sorry for the long post; but I had a few min to think
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback on the Dak. It's good to hear you've had no rattles or squeaks and the overall workmanship sounds ok. I am looking at the same set-up a QC 4.7, SLT;T&H; auto. I'll be checking these two out (Dak & Tundra) this weekend.
  • Options
    bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Herbert, as a matter of personal preference, I try to buy American made products if available and of course reliable. I have a 2000 Quad Cab, 4.7, 5 speed,4X4,3.55 LSD, T&H, HD package, Tow group and more and I absolutely love it. The only problem thus far was an "air bag" light that displayed inappropriately.; the sensor was replaced and that took care of it. I like the fact that the Dakota employs full sized, front hinged doors that open 90 degrees and they do not use "suicide" type rear hinged doors. I also prefer the 5 speed transmission not available with a V-8 on any other truck (that I am aware of). The price of the Dakota item for item is much less
    if that is important to you (it is to me). Hope that this helps.

Bookitty
  • Options
    mopar67mopar67 Member Posts: 728
    Dodge got the concept correct on the Dakota but in my opinion, they missed a few details. Namely the lack of quality in certain areas where Mopar once reigned supreme: Brakes and trans.
    I'm not going to go into the gory details here but I've had more than my share of headaches with brakes on the truck. And the auto tranny is a joke.
    I would go for the 5 speed if I had it to do over again.
    There have been numerous issues since day one and I will go on record as saying that the issues I have discussed here pertain to MY truck; I am not trying to insist others have (or should have) the same problems I have had. However, mine are not isolated incidents. Check out dodge dakotas.com for more info.
    Otherwise, the truck perfoms as it should. Good acceleration with the v-8 (but you do pay for it in gas milage), good AC like ahahser said, rides pretty good too, looks good (I never doubted that)Radio is pretty nice, good hauling capacity and nice interior.
    So, here you have my input. Go out and make the decision that suits you and your needs.
  • Options
    I neglected to mention one thing in my thoughts to sky33.. which you reminded me of.. the stick tranny. I was weaned on a stick at 15 and have driven cars, trucks and eventually whatever the military needed me to drive with manual trannys, including aircraft de-icing rigs. I went with the auto, thinking it would be easier to deal with in traffic.. (I must have been tired that day).
    My point is that I have heard nothing but good about the stick/v8 combo.. including MPGs. Even tho my particular setup has been good to me, if I had it to do over I would go STICK!.. pretty much my only regret.. hmm i owe u a beer
  • Options
    ANd my goofy logic was, heck I am gonna drive a truck with an automatic for once....famous last words!
    Wish I had taken just one ride in a Dak with a five speed,Iprobably never would have picked the auto and would have saved almost a grand in the process.
    Oh well....life goes on.
  • Options
    Guys, the problem being that when you go shopping for your truck, it is almost impossible to find a unit "on the ground" with a V-8 5 speed configuration that you can test drive. I knew from my previous Dakota (1995 Club cab with V-8 3.55 LSD 4X4 5 speed) that I would settle for nothing less. More often than not, the dealer salesman has not enough product knowledge to even be aware that it is available, and my personal moron even ordered the the truck with the wrong differential ratio because he didn't understand the difference between an engineering and a material restriction.

Untrained and disinterested sales people are often the reason that we settle for less than we desired. Well, off the soap box for now, but it is difficult to find a V-8 5 speed combo to try on for size. I am extremely happy with mine.

Bookitty
  • Options
    iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    Dodge is generally lacking in consumer confidence, right or wrong. My personal experience with Dakotas is positive. I had a 93 which I drove for 7 years with no major problems. I special ordered a 2000 Quad cab. 4.7l v8, 5spd, SLT+, 2 WHEEL DRIVE, probably one of the few built with 4 wheel antilock brakes, 3.55lsd, heavy duty everything and towing package. The last time the Quad was at the dealer was when I took delivery. I purchased a shop manual and I do my own work when I am able. I installed a K&N airfilter as my only modification. I change oil and filter every 3K miles and changed over to Mobil 1 synthetic at 12K miles. I use Mopar oil filters exclusively. I have had 0, zilch, nada problems with the Quad. No squeaks, rattles, pops, groans, pulsing brakes, whatever. Would I buy another dakota. NO!!! Why? because this one is going to outlast me. Besides I want a new Nissan Altima 3.5L v6 with a 5 speed. Zooooommmmmm! Seriously, I think both trucks would be satisfying, I would suggest you get every option you want when you decide which truck is for you. I recall the first vehicle I ever bought. A 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 with every option available except air conditioning. I was in the military stationed in Michigan and it was never hot enough to justify the cost. What happened a year later, I got transfered to Nebraska where it was so hot and muggy I traded it off for my first "truck". A 1969 Ford Ranchero with a monster v8 and a 5 speed and it has been trucks ever since. Rather long winded, sorry Rick
  • Options
    your comment "it is almost impossible to find a unit "on the ground" with a V-8 5 speed configuration that you can test drive" is what I experienced; I bought from the lot, since the one I picked had all the toys I initially wanted and the right color combo.. Forrest green over silver and agate/greige inside. Their stick combos were all 6 bangers. As mopar67 said.. one test drive in each configuration is all that it would have taken.. and put the savings into a bed cover or something..
    more of my .02 but seems there are folks asking about our thoughts on DAKS and all..
  • Options
    poolguy1poolguy1 Member Posts: 9
    Has anybody else had trouble getting the heater to blow air out through the floor vents? No matter where I set the dash control, it blows out through the dash panel or the defroster vents.
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback on the Dak. I agree with mopar67, I think Dodge got the concept right but the lack of consumer confidence/reliability is an area of concern. I mean what's the point of buying a GREAT LOOKING truck if you spend a lot of time hanging out with the service manager? Back in high school or in my early college years the Dak's looks alone would have won me over. But now that there's so many choices out there reliability holds alot of weight with many buyers. Oh well thanks again for the comments!
  • Options
    iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    Try taking a tour of your local dealerships that would sell/service the models you are interested in purchasing. Any vehicle, foreign or domestic is going to have a problem eventually. I personally "Detest" the local Toyota dealerships. The sales people act like they are doing you a favor to even talk to you and they don't understand the term "deal". My retired parents both have Toyotas, one a 1984 Camery and the other a 1995 Xtra cab pickup. They have had excellent luck with the vehicles but are constantly being overcharged for routine services. I would avoid the supermarket type dealerships and buy from a single brand dealership. That way you can have a little more faith the mechanics have a clue how to work on your vehicle. I like the Ford Super Crew and the new HeavyDuty Ford crew cabs but with 2 kids in college they don't fit into my budget. I looked at the Tundra but was not impressed with the comfort of the back seat, the lack of a 5 speed for the v8 and the "non negotiable" price. I've also read the threads on Edmunds that refer to the Tundra and it seems Toyotas legendary reliability might not be what it was. If you aren't in a rush you might wait to see what the Nissan offering in a full size pickup contains. If you opt for the Dakota over the Tundra use some of the money you'll save to purchase an extended warranty. That way if you do have some problems down the road you will be covered. Rick
  • Options
    zonkzonk Member Posts: 208
    I have a '01 4.7L Sport auto, 2wd, T&H pkg. Auto shifts smoothly, no problems except a brake squeal that may get worse. One time in shop for that, and it's back. 14-15+ mpg in town w/o a/c, 19+ on the road. So far, its been a good truck.
  • Options
    themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    2000 QC 2WD / 4.7 / auto / non-lsd / 3.55 / HD serv. grp. = my configuration. I use this Dakota for everything, even autocrossing (believe it; 3 firsts, 3 events). Work use involves some towing of a 3,500# trailer at 70 mph. Heavy use in some extremely dusty and very HOT conditions (W. TX.). I get 15-20 mpg, have had NO shop visits to date and have 60k on this truck. Note: I use synthetics on every metal part on this machine. I looked at and drove every single brand / model of truck sold within 120 miles of my house over a 4 month period in 1999. Drove all the redneck dealers crazy around here... %-) It came down to (as it did with a lot of us here on the board) to the Dakota QC or the Tundra V-8 Access Cab.
    Many factors 'iced it' for the little Dakota. The main ones for me were: rear doors, price, ride height / ingress-egress (MUCH lower on the Dak), dealer attitude (www.BennyBoyd.com in Lampasas, TX. - fabulous) and my idea of what a functional truck should look and feel like. The Dakota QC beat, and still beats, all comers. And I would NOT hesitate to buy the auto tranny with the 4.7 engine. It's the BEST auto tranny I've ever used. Period.

Just my humble, objective opinion.

Big :-) bookitty! -- I am!
  • Options
    yank2yank2 Member Posts: 49
    I loved my 2000 Dakota except the rear end problem. My new Ram seem to be a better built truck. It wasn't built on Monday like the Dakota.
  • Options
    tuvtesttuvtest Member Posts: 237
    I have a '01 Quad:4.7/5spd 4x4 with most of the toys. 18000 miles and have had no problems that I can blame on the truck. In fact the only shop time it has had is a couple recalls and a body shop visit caused by my failure to remember that my new home's 1-car garage has a smaller door than the old 2-car I used to park in. Result 1 crunched door/bed and a persistent intermittent blowing power window fuse. Not something I can blame Dodge for.
    Would I buy another/recommend one?...Yes. I have admit though, for me there were no other makes to look at, as I have been a die-hard Mopar man all my life (well, except for one slip: a Police Interceptor Mustang) But despite that, it has been a great truck doing anything I asked of it and more. Realistically, it's not perfect, but I don't believe any vehicle can be 100% perfect for everybody. Two things I would improve to make it perfect for me: better front seat design, and improved access to the oil filter on the 4.7l. That's it.
    I hope we have been able to help you in your decision and whichever way you chose, good luck.
  • Options
    slickwilliedjslickwilliedj Member Posts: 252
    I own a 01q.c 4x2 4.7 auto,3.55 lsd 4 wheel anti lock,hd grp,tow pkg,sport +,handle pkg,wheel flares. etc. I have 8500k on my truck and love it(well most of the time) I have had some problems all mostly minor but they add up and become frustrating.1.) I have the ever so annoying popping front end(while turning and braking perodically),2.) truck leans to the left.(replaced the frnt left spring and shock & rear leaf springs) still leans, 3.)left front dust boot cover bushing on upper control arm pinched and torn(replaced entire upper a arm assem) 4.) service 4wd light came on (mines a 2wd).as you can see nothings kept the truck from running but the overall 1st year exp has been somewhat disapointing hopefully i will be able to get the bottom of a few things. over all I love the truck - the problems no rattles interior fit and finish is good,body fit and finsh ok.(hard to compare with toyota) it comes down to what the factory lets roll out the door. you really can't say well its a [non-permissible content removed] thats not an excuse any longer since most [non-permissible content removed] brands are produced and assem right here in the us. the real difference is craftsmanship and design. i think dodge has a great truck here but there are some issues. now don't think toyota is perfect cause there not. they have issues also. i just don't think you can compare a dodge and toyota in overall quality the toyota has the edge in that area. would i buy the dakota over again well?? its getting harder to answer that as new products arrive if toyota built a true full or mid size truck it would be c lose call! IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT RAM IT !
  • Options
    dragonhawkdragonhawk Member Posts: 26
    I've had my QC for almost 4 months and 4000+ miles and like it more each day. Only problem I've had is that the seatbelt light stays on.

Mine's a 4x4, 4.7L, 5-sp, 3.92. I do not have any of the "luxury" options such as power convenience group, bucket seats, etc. and consequently got it for just under $22K.

I bought mine from overseas, without having test driven one. I had read some complaints about the bench seat and the headroom for tall people (I'm 6'5"), but I'm perfectly happy with the truck. I'd get the same vehicle if I had to it all over again.
  • Options
    rjayrjay Member Posts: 15
    I've heard that you can get an additonal $500 rebate by joining the farm bureau. Anyone know where I can find out more....how to joing?

Thanks
  • Options
    stnickstnick Member Posts: 177
    Mine is a 2000 SLT4x4 auto 4.7 V8 LSD. Most of the options. It now has 15,000 on it, no I don't use it very hard. I love to drive it, more than our car. Ride, handling good, fairly quiet, and plenty of power. Whatever you do, if you get a Dak, get the 4.7 if it fits any towing needs. A very enjoyable and capable engine. Problems... Whine in rear end since new, rear end was replaced at 9500 miles and is fine. Dealer thought axle tube may have been slightly bent in shipment. At about 13000 the transfer case srang a small leak at the rear. Replaced gasket, all is ok. No pops squeeks or rattles. Truck was built Mar of 2000, fairly early on in the new model run. It almost seems from the posts on this board that there have been more problems with the later runs in 00 and 01 models. But of coarse ther are far more on the road now than there was when I got mine. Over all I would buy another because the size fits my needs like no other truck. Good luck. Nick.
  • Options
    Reed, click on http://www.fb.com and go to your particular state. Dodge discount is listed under member benefits. There is usually a telephone number for inquiries along with Email.

Bookitty

• Options
    steve234steve234 Member Posts: 460
    First 2001 in Oklahoma, 26K miles. My only problems have been a flat the first day, rotors needed turned and a bad fuse on the electric brake circuit. The automatic does fine and the engine is great. Running fuel average is 15.5+, including several towing excursions with sub 10 mpg. It s great to have a truck that I can tow my 4500lb boat and still garage it.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your input on your experiences with your Quad Cabs. I looked at a QC the other day and I really like the size of the truck (not too big not to small)and it's features. After looking at both the Tundra and the Dak, I really prefer the QC but have concerns about the quality issues (e.g. transmission, brakes, etc). Are there other Dakota owners clubs on the web I could go to for more information on the QC?
  • Options
    http://www.moparchat.com/forums/ and go to Dakota Truck string.. lotsa good info there..

Good luck in your research...

Bill
  • Options
    http://www.moparchat.com/forums/ and go to Dakota Truck string.. lotsa good info there..

Good luck in your research...

Bill
  • Options
    toadmantoadman Member Posts: 39
    sky33,

I would think the Tundra would be a solid choice. Looking at the latest info from JD Power & Associates, the Tundra had the fewest problems per 100 owners over the first 90 days of ownership of ANY truck large or small.

Someone on this thread also said that the Toyota dealers won't negotiate. Not true. I got a great deal on my Toyota and the dealer even put in a spray liner at dealer cost. Toyota has special financing and rebates on Tundra's right now just like the Big 3.

As for prices for the shop at my Toyota dealer they are in line with what I'm charged by Goodyear Automotive Services.

In any event good luck with your truck purchase.
  • Options
    phishcraniumphishcranium Member Posts: 12
    I was able to negotiate 200 under invoice plus use the rebates. In Maryland. Can anybody tell me if this is a good deal? Have you been able to get more?

Scott
  • Options
    Scott, if you are including the Farm Bureau discount ($500.00) it sounds great. If not, this is an opportunity to save an additional $500.00. Your negotiating skills are A-1.

Bookitty
  • Options
    rjayrjay Member Posts: 15
    Scott, sounds like a good deal. I just ordered a
    2002 QC SLT-plus at invoice. $200 under sounds like a great deal. Be sure to order before 10/31 to take advantage of $1000 rebate or 0% APR. Also second bookitty, joing the farm bureau for the additional $500 back.
  • Options
    I checked out the site. Here is a question? I live in MD but will probably end up getting the Quad in NC. Does this matter? Also, I am not a farmer...and, it says on the web-site that I must be a member for 30 days. I want to take advantage of the rebates so I don't have 30 days. Unless Dodge extends them.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    And...of course...THANK YOU! Sorry I left that out in the last post!

Scott
  • Options
    Scott, if the truck you are considering is in stock, that may present a problem regarding timing unless your dealer will work with you. One does not have to be a farmer to join the Farm Bureau. If it is a case where you are ordering the truck, you should be okay with the thirty day restriction. As far as which state, check with your local Farm Bureau as for delivery in NC or elsewhere. The Farm Bureau site is as follows; http://www.fb.com and you can click on that to access. Good luck Scott.

Bookitty

• Options
    tjraytjray Member Posts: 38
    At the mall the other day, in the K-B toy store,I ran across a radio controlled Dakota Quad Cab. It is at least a foot long, red, with oversize 'monster' tires. Battery pack is included,and it was marked down from $69 to $50.

There's a quad cab in my garage,
    but they call me TJray
  • Options
    surfzupsurfzup Member Posts: 7
    I am getting ready to purchase a 2000 QC, 4x4, 4.7 with 26,500 miles. As a newbie, I have two questions: (1) Any recommendations on specifics to look for or ask about regarding condition of truck before I buy (2) Best place for aftermarket truck add-ons for Dakota QC (side steps, bull bar, etc.). THANKS.

Surfzup
  • Options
    stooges3stooges3 Member Posts: 18
    I own a 2000 quad cab with 15,000 miles on it. After the check engine light came on I brought it to the dealer and they changed the cap and cleared the code.A few days later the light came on again and the dealer replaced the gas tank,fuel pump, seal and another gas cap. I got it back yesterday, 10/25. I hope this did the trick. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    dragonhawkdragonhawk Member Posts: 26
    I've been following these boards pretty closely for about 18 months; the main maintenance theme has probably been brake rotors, which tend to wear out way too early. You might want to check the early posts in the maintenance folder, as a few people who have 2000 models had some other issues (such as PCM flashes and the occasional transmission or differential problem). There are several folders from over a year ago that have been archived away. If you have the time, they would be well worth checking out. All in all, QC owners tend to be extremely happy with their trucks; I know I am.

As far as aftermarket stuff, the only things I have gotten were a roll-n-lock and bedrug; both from "Sport Truck Solutions" at I was very happy with the transaction. Judging from what others have posted, probably the most popular website for stepbars, brush guards etc. has been
  • Options
    bpeeblesbpeebles Member Posts: 4,085
    (stooges3) I had a hose pop off of the charcoal canistor that flagged a troublecode. There was no hoseclamp on it from the factory. One of the EEC troublecodes was thrown.

The charcoal canister is bolted to the inside of the frame underneath the drivers-side door. It has several hoses plugged into it.

You could climb under your truck with a flashlight and take a peek at it.

Have you pulled the troublecode for yourself? Use the keyswitch to do this. Without actually starting the engine, turn keyswitch from OFF-to-ON three times leaving in ON position.
    Observe the odemetor display as the diagnostics are run. Any troublecodes will be displayed at end of tests.

Let us know what you come up with.
  • Options
    I just bought the 02 Dakota Quad 4.7l/Auto Trans/Limited Slip Differential/4x4. I love the truck! I noticed that when I come to a stop to park and move the column shifter from Drive to Park that there is a clunk sound and the vehicle seems to pull forward. This happens when I go from Drive to Neutral and not really from Neutral to Park. I haven't noticed this on other Auto Trans that I have driven as much and was wondering if other owners noticed the same. I plan to bring this to the dealer this week to confirm. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks to all!

Scott
  • Options
    stooges3stooges3 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks bpeebles. I'll check that out. I also have premature rotor wear. The dealer wanted to charge me to cut them down even though he agreed that the original pads were like new and had no excuse for it.
  • Options
    slickwilliedjslickwilliedj Member Posts: 252
    general question:to those of you haveing rotor warp probs etc. do you have the std brakes or the 4 whl anti lock set up?.the 4whl anti's come with larger front rotors so just wondering which sep has more problems? or is the larger front rotors the answer.
  • Options
    zonkzonk Member Posts: 208
    I have standard brakes.
  • Options
    themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    HAD standard brakes until i warped them at a carwash, mine were the first to go on this site way back in 02-00. changed (myself) to available cross-drilled aftermarket rotors in the front. no more problem. thinking of going to same in rear now, understand it's' doable'... d/c uses cheap metal in their rotors - been a problem on EVERY dodge truck we've owned (only real problem, though). trannies and engines have always been A+.
  • Options
    namfflownamfflow Member Posts: 202
    4 wheel ABS and the standard brakes are the same size.

97 CC SLT 5.2 Auto 3.55 Brilliant Blue/Silver
    01 CC SLT 4.7 Auto 3.92 LSD Flame Red/Silver
  • Options
    curious_gorgecurious_gorge Member Posts: 5
    I'm about to but a 02 QC/4X4/V8/stick and saw some of the mpg and brake discusions. I was wondering if you can recommend which ratio and brakes options to get for the best mileage and durability. Thanks
  • Options
    Have the dealer take off the rotors, drums, pads, shoes. Have him estimate what those parts cost, then have him cut you a check for the cost of those parts. Then go to NAPA or someplace else and buy Raybestos or Bendix pads,rotors, drums,shoes and have the dealer install them.
    Do this before you move the truck two inches off the lot.
    Second, NEVER get the auto.....unless you like to have your coffee/water/soda spilled when it shifts.
This discussion has been closed.