Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Any and all help or suggestions will be appreciated!!

jlep0209jlep0209 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in Ford
Hello all! Looking for some help with my 2000 Ford Expedition. Recently, I got my tires done (mounted and balanced) and now, I’ve noticed that it’s having a (possible) transmission problem. When it’s cold, it runs and drives fine. But, when it warms up(either outside or I’ve just been driving for 30+ minutes) I get to about 45-60 mph, the whole car shakes VIOLENTLY, upon leaving a light, stop sign, or just trying to quickly accelerate (as to get onto a freeway or turnpike) can also do it while going 5-25 mph. But when steady or leaving a light slowly, it almost doesn’t do it at all. Sometimes it just shakes for a little and then it corrects, and sometimes I can’t get it to stop shaking at all. Other times, it pops really loud and pulls left and then corrects. I don’t know what this issue could be but I’m worried due to the fact that I’m expected to drive it to Oklahoma from Pennsylvania in June. I don’t wanna say it’s a transmission problem because when it isn’t doing it. It’s smooth as butter. Any and all help will be appreciated. Someone told me to pull fuse 104 under the hood and I might try that. But I really hope it’s a simple fix and not me being in need of a transfer case or transmission. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Do you notice this shaking through the steering wheel, or is it only "in the seat of your pants"?