Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Subaru Outback over 60k miles

dom123samdom123sam Member Posts: 1
edited April 2019 in Subaru
Any and all advice is appreciated. We are looking to purchase our first Outback. We plan to drive it for the next ten plus years. Our current car is 11yrs old and much life left there.

Is a 2018 with 60k a huge risk? We would plan to have it inspected. I just don’t know. I average under 8k a year driving so things will even out eventually. Wondering how higher miles in a short time may affect the car (and our wallet of course)

thank you!

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    dom123sam said:

Any and all advice is appreciated. We are looking to purchase our first Outback. We plan to drive it for the next ten plus years. Our current car is 11yrs old and much life left there.

Is a 2018 with 60k a huge risk? We would plan to have it inspected. I just don’t know. I average under 8k a year driving so things will even out eventually. Wondering how higher miles in a short time may affect the car (and our wallet of course)

thank you!

Mileage over a short period of time is no different than over a longer period of time. Also, less wear/tear from sun and climate, compared to an older car with the same mileage (as the shorter period of time is better, in that regard)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator