Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2004 CR-V: Replace Struts

StanSStanS So CAPosts: 3
edited April 30 in Honda
This is for a 2004 Honda CR-V, with about 115,000 miles...

My mechanic says I need new upper strut front mounts. He says they're about $90 each, and I'm looking at about $500 with labor. I think this is way too much - and other work I've had done seems to be on the high side (ie, too expensive) also.

I'm went to another shop, and was told I need new front mounts as well as new struts all around - all four. He said you don't just replace the front without doing the rear ones also. He also gave me a breakdown for all four that totaled $642 with tax & labor.

Is this a reasonable price?
Is there really something wrong with just getting new front struts and not the back ones?

Answers

• StanSStanS So CAPosts: 3
    Is it possible to edit a post here?
    The price breakdown I posted earlier is wrong. It should be, "He also gave me a breakdown for all four that totaled $940 with tax & labor (Not $642)!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,447
    StanS said:

Is it possible to edit a post here?
    The price breakdown I posted earlier is wrong. It should be, "He also gave me a breakdown for all four that totaled $940 with tax & labor (Not $642)!

I think you can only edit for the first 30 minutes, after you post.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator