Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Got my eyes on this '17 GLC Benz

MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEPosts: 30
edited May 20 in Mercedes-Benz
So it's a 2017 Benz in Omaha Nebraska. My Zip is 68147. Credit score between 720-50. MSRP $37988.
Selling at $36973. Comes with 18k miles. The on-site payment calculator is figured with my down payment of 6% ($2200 down) over 72 months, with $556/month before additional taxes. Vin #WDC0G4KB2HF191909

I didn't see the point in dropping a large sum for a down payment. But what sort of wiggle room could I negotiate here?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,996

So it's a 2017 Benz in Omaha Nebraska. My Zip is 68147. Credit score between 720-50. MSRP $37988.
    Selling at $36973. Comes with 18k miles. The on-site payment calculator is figured with my down payment of 6% ($2200 down) over 72 months, with $556/month before additional taxes. Vin #WDC0G4KB2HF191909

I didn't see the point in dropping a large sum for a down payment. But what sort of wiggle room could I negotiate here?

$37988 is the dealer's advertised asking price, not the original MSRP, right?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEPosts: 30
    The $37988 is the dealer MSRP. They're selling for $36973.. A little lower than the MSRP 

The $37988 is the dealer MSRP. They're selling for $36973.. A little lower than the MSRP 

Okay.... there is no MSRP. MSRP is the sticker price on a new vehicle, and a 2017 with 18K miles is not new. (M stands for Manufacturer).

Post a description of the vehicle, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values

Someone with access to auction reports can tell you what it's worth.

Edmunds Moderator

The website clearly states an MSRP..

The website clearly states an MSRP..

They can stick the numbers wherever they want. If that is the MSRP, and they are only offering $1000 off, after two years and 18K miles, you should run away.

But, don't do that, because that is not the MSRP. ;)

Edmunds Moderator

It's a 2017 Benz GLC 300 AWD 4 Matic. CPO

But yeah so how do I proceed if I want this vehicle at the more realistic price? Since $1k reduction isn't enough.

Had me fooled, because I thought that this was an ok deal after googling the Vin.

It's a 2017 Benz GLC 300 AWD 4 Matic. CPO

But yeah so how do I proceed if I want this vehicle at the more realistic price? Since $1k reduction isn't enough.

Had me fooled, because I thought that this was an ok deal after googling the Vin.

It might be a good deal. It would be instructive to know the actual original MSRP from the manufacturer's window sticker.

But, I think you got a good answer in the other discussion.. check it out!

Edmunds Moderator

Yo thanks! I'm about to check it out