Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Need advice on lease quotes for 2019 Honda Accord/Civic...

DKgeo34DKgeo34 Long Island, NYPosts: 1
edited June 7 in Honda
I got more information from the salesman about the details for the lease (which I should mention is via email communication). My current lease is coming to an end. I have 8K unused miles, which from what I understand, won't give me any leverage. I heard some companies rollover unused miles if you're getting another lease with them. Not sure if Honda does this.

Here’s the 2019 Honda Accord EX-L details:
  • $382/month, $0 down. 36 months, 10K miles/year. And first payment, tax, DMV fees.
  • MSRP: $30,120
  • Selling price: $28,567
  • Residual: $17,382.40
  • Money Factor: 0.001180
Here’s the quote I received for the 2019 Honda Civic EX-L:
  • $290/month. $0 down. 36 months, 10K miles/year.
  • MSRP: $24,600
  • Selling price: $23,769
  • Residual: $15,567.20
  • Money Factor: 0.001080
I should also mention I’m waiting for another dealership to counter. My FICO scores range from 754-802. The quoted prices are just the initial quotes. I haven’t done any negotiating. Also, I’ll be leasing the car on Long Island, NY, which from what I understand, is notorious for not giving the best deals.

What’s your advice/opinion?

Thanks

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,182
    DKgeo34 said:

I got more information from the salesman about the details for the lease (which I should mention is via email communication). My current lease is coming to an end. I have 8K unused miles, which from what I understand, won't give me any leverage. I heard some companies rollover unused miles if you're getting another lease with them. Not sure if Honda does this.

Here’s the 2019 Honda Accord EX-L details:

• $382/month, $0 down. 36 months, 10K miles/year. And first payment, tax, DMV fees.
    • MSRP: $30,120
    • Selling price: $28,567
    • Residual: $17,382.40
    • Money Factor: 0.001180
    Here’s the quote I received for the 2019 Honda Civic EX-L:
    • $290/month. $0 down. 36 months, 10K miles/year.
    • MSRP: $24,600
    • Selling price: $23,769
    • Residual: $15,567.20
    • Money Factor: 0.001080
    I should also mention I’m waiting for another dealership to counter. My FICO scores range from 754-802. The quoted prices are just the initial quotes. I haven’t done any negotiating. Also, I’ll be leasing the car on Long Island, NY, which from what I understand, is notorious for not giving the best deals.

What’s your advice/opinion?

Thanks
    I confirm the MF and residuals.

How much is due at signing for those quotes? $0 down and $0 due at signing are not the same thing.

If $0 due at signing, you'll need to ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost for each vehicle - and, a careful accounting of how they reached that number from the selling price.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4