Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• m6userm6user Posts: 3,181
    That appears to be about $4000 below MSRP which is quite a deal. What dealer did you buy this from and was there a trade involved?
  • saz_1saz_1 Posts: 30
    No trade involved. It was Radley Acura in Falls Church, VA.
    The best I've seen in all the RDX forums is about $2800 below MSRP. Your deal was way below invoice. Don't mean to offend but did you mean to say it was a 2012? The 2013s just came out and are pretty in demand is the reason I ask.
    You're not offending me at all. I know I got a pretty good price relative to where they are selling at right now.

Yes it is a 2013 AWD with Tech. The dealer charges a 395 processing fee, which I'm sure is a profit center for them. Still, the manager gave me what I considered a deal that was too good to turn down.

They also give free oil changes and state inspections for 4 years, but they are a bit out of the way for me to do that with them.
    Congrats then on a super deal. Did you have to go through a ton of email and back and forth with numerous dealers or did you just go in and deal?
    Not a ton of back and forth, but I did email about 20 dealers within a 200 mile radius and worked my way down.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Posts: 45
    Wow....that is a great deal for a 2013 RDX AWD with tech package! Good job! I too am in the market for the same vehicle. I am on Long Island. What is the best deal anyone has found for a similar vehicle in the NY metro area and if possible would you share the name of the dealer and contact info?
  • dibbyddibbyd Posts: 10
    I'm with m6user... no offense, but without seeing the paperwork, I can't believe that price. That's almost $2000 below invoice on a brand new model that is still selling well with no incentives. Even with the doc fee the dealer would have made no money on that deal.
  • I just bought a 2013 RDX AWD (non tech) from Acura of Huntington. Email their Internet Sales Manager for a price on any RDX model and I believe it will be the lowest quote you will receive in this area. Just had to add DMV fees and taxes-no add ons or special fees. A no pressure sales experience. Let us know how you make out. Good Luck.
  • Another dealership just emailed me that they are willing to go down another $300 so from $34500 to $34200, however I am suppose to pick up the car tomorrow from the dealership that gave me $34500. The $34200 dealership told me to come in to see what else they can give me, do you think it is worth it? The dealership is almost 1 hour away? What do you guys think??? $300 is not that big of a different payment wise..
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,910
    well, you might technically not have an enforceable deal, but you did make one. But, can always tell them the the other deal you were working with made the offer, and good chance they just meet it.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

edited June 2012
    Ok, you just bought....what are the price details???
  • May be moot now as price ($35,500.) listed in post #1295 is lower than price I paid by $200. also on Long Island. The new quote ($34,200.) poster mentions is under dealer invoice of $34,325. which is incredible for this car with no current national dealer incentives other than for military. My deal was cash, no trade, and no add on fees or previously installed accessories at inflated prices. Very satisfied with whole transaction at dealership where I bought my Base RDX AWD.
    As an aside, how does poster know that dealer one hour away who emailed quote of $34,200. won't have some bogus prep fee or security code fee as a mandatory charge at time of sale like I have seen at other dealerships. Just saying!
  • flightnurseflightnurse Valley of HellPosts: 2,178
    Anything is possible, I was able to get a 2011 BMW 328i (oct 2011) with the packages I wanted, for below cost, deals can be had... Of course some people did not believe this which was find with me.
  • fastgstfastgst Posts: 46
    edited June 2012
    My sales person did original quote me $2k off, and now a week later saying they were doing $2k but they are now only $1.5k off.
    Because they don't have enough cars he said.
    Of course I said see ya, then he said "well would you be interested if it was $2k off"?
    That weakened my chance of getting some accessories included. And he was not interested going further with this, So no deal.

I am waiting for people to stop flocking in to buy it at high prices. There are plenty of inventory coming in.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Posts: 45
    Hi,

In the end what was the MSRP on your RDX AWD and what was the purchase price. How flexible was the dealership? Was it a take it or leave it deal? Is there any flexibility with regard to accessories and is there a full compliment of colors? In my case I an interested in the tech version. Does anybody have any other experiences they care to share in their quest in leasing/purchasing their vehicles on Long Island?

Thanks to all!
  • OK. I just signed the bottom line today and I got a 2013 RDX 4WD Base for $33,500 in Long Island. How bout that???
  • OK. I just signed the bottom line today and I got a 2013 RDX 4WD Base for $33,500 in Long Island. How bout that???
    no trade? no extras? If so, that is a full 3K off sticker, and definitely below invoice. So a hell of a deal, and really surprised you could get that off.

And if the dealer last night had offered me that while I was looking around, my wife might have a new car today!

• dibbyddibbyd Posts: 10
    That's not exactly a stunning comparison. The 2011 3 series was on it's way out at the end of it's model run and was supported by significant incentives (I was shopping for one around that time frame as well). The 2013 RDX is only a few months old and supported by no incentives, other than leases or possibly holiday financing. I few weeks ago I bought a 2012 Acura TL for well below invoice, but again, that was supported heavily by Acura cash incentives. Unless the poster's dealer enjoys giving away cars at cost or for a loss, I don't see how the deal could have happened, especially with no trade in to recoup money on. In the end, unless the deal can be proven, I just wouldn't want other shoppers to see that post and feel like they can walk into their dealer and expect the dealer not to laugh in their face for making an offer at $2K under invoice on a 2013 RDX.
  • golfbroker1955golfbroker1955 Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    Forget my price. The person to reply to is happy chrissy who managed to buy a 2013 RDX AWD for $33,500. at a Long Island dealership. The manufacturer's list price with destination is $36,615. More than 3k under MSRP and almost 1k under invoice of $34,436. I would love to know where she bought it. Incredible price for a newly released vehicle!!
    Does anyone know if these are built in Japan or Ohio?
    Finally saw one today. Not at a dealer (one had one come in but it was quickly gone).

Actually saw one in the parking lot at Lowes tonight. 99% sure it was that color. And it did look nice. A big different, but not something that looks like it will become trendy or outdated.

• I had been emailing dealers in the area for their best price and the lowest price I got to was $34500.(which I thought was good) I kept emailing dealers saying that I got this price and thank you but no thank you. They kept coming back to me saying that they can beat it by $300-$600 and my dealer said he would go down another $1000 making it $33500 which he did! (sidebar- I was still speaking with dealers up to 2 hours before I picked up the car) lol The end! YEA!!!!!
    My strategy get it in an email and let the other dealers fight it out and pretend that ur going elsewhere if they can't do better and they will continue to keep calling you to get their business. I am sure other people have done this before..?
  • On the window sticker, it says that 15% of the parts come from Japan however, the car is assembled in Ohio. Also,, the engine and he transmission is USA. I think a lot of manufactures are there are changing where the cars are being built. I traded in a Acura with my deal and got $600 above what they told me the wholesale was and that car was built in Japan.
    I traded in a Acura with my deal and got $600 above what they told me the wholesale was and that car was built in Japan.

Hello. Keep this in mind when you think about getting $3k off without a trade. They are going to make $3k or more on the trade so they could go below invoice on the new car. I think around $2k off MSRP is a great deal at this point in time without any trade or huge dealer fee. I was at an Acura dealer today and they had over 14 new RDX's on the lot. That same dealer usually only has about 4 in stock. Looks like some inventory is finally starting to catch up.
    If my wife finally has enough with looking and says go get me one of these now, I would probably target 2K off as the trigger point to get it done. as soon as one of the local dealers bites on that (straight deal, no trade) it would be enough for me at this point.

$34,500 for a base AWD is still a lot of coin, but way better than $36,600!

not as good as the $29,000 I can get a Subaru outback limited for (2013 redesign). Though that does not seem to be priority 1 for her...

I saw 0.9% financing is on the 2012 RDX only

What does the 2013 RDX qualify for?
    what are normal bank auto loan financing rates these days? About 4%?

Subarus have great resale and a lot going for them but looks and luxury amenities aren't their strong point. Your wife has probably noticed and I have to agree with her. Better MPG, more luxury, better warranty with the Acura plus great resale.