Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buying out my leased CX-5. Mazda willing to deal?

SteveGinMDSteveGinMD Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Mazda
We are leasing a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring and are toying with the idea of buying it at the end of the lease next year and then transferring ownership to our daughter who will finance it.

Clearly there is a residual value in the contract - somewhere around $18500. I was wondering if anyone has made a deal with Mazda to reduce that. What's not in my favor is that the car will likely have less than 18K miles on it when we turn it in.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153

We are leasing a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring and are toying with the idea of buying it at the end of the lease next year and then transferring ownership to our daughter who will finance it.

Clearly there is a residual value in the contract - somewhere around $18500. I was wondering if anyone has made a deal with Mazda to reduce that. What's not in my favor is that the car will likely have less than 18K miles on it when we turn it in.

We haven't heard any reports of banks negotiating buyouts.. for years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator