Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lease Buyout - Dealer's offer lower than buyout price but higher than appraisal

JohnRoss2019JohnRoss2019 92606Posts: 17
edited August 4 in Mercedes-Benz
My mom's 2016 MB C Class's lease is up. The contracted buyout/payoff amount is $28,050. Dealer is offering $24,000; but when I use car appraisal tools online, trade-in value comes in at $21,000.
Shouldn't they be able to bring it closer to that number? This my first time doing a lease buyout, not sure how it works.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 127,860

My mom's 2016 MB C Class's lease is up. The contracted buyout/payoff amount is $28,050. Dealer is offering $24,000; but when I use car appraisal tools online, trade-in value comes in at $21,000.
    Shouldn't they be able to bring it closer to that number? This my first time doing a lease buyout, not sure how it works.

I'm sure it's related to the price they have to pay MBFS (which is lower than your price, obviously), plus a profit margin.

Since you can't get that price on your car, anywhere but a Mercedes dealer, they won't give it to you for wholesale/trade-in, I don't think.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator