Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

$500/mo on Model 3 is a good deal right? no?

ytseattleytseattle Posts: 7
edited October 17 in Tesla
On a $50,000 car if I'm getting it for 500/mo, 36 term. 10,000 mile that's a good deal right?
This monthly payment is including everything (tax, fees, etc.)

I'm not sure how they came up with $500/mo with the residual value of $34,000 and 5% APR (Money factor @ 0.002133)

Trying to make sense of this payment estimator and decide if I should lease or take a loan somewhere else with 2% APR

BTW, the federal credit for lease is embedded into the residual value. Is what they told me... not sure how I would interpret this

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 134,704
    ytseattle said:

On a $50,000 car if I'm getting it for 500/mo, 36 term. 10,000 mile that's a good deal right?
    This monthly payment is including everything (tax, fees, etc.)

I'm not sure how they came up with $500/mo with the residual value of $34,000 and 5% APR (Money factor @ 0.002133)

Trying to make sense of this payment estimator and decide if I should lease or take a loan somewhere else with 2% APR

BTW, the federal credit for lease is embedded into the residual value. Is what they told me... not sure how I would interpret this

$7570 upfront makes it more like $800/mo, all-in.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Actually the sheet and the numbers are not accurate.
    It's only $100 order fee and $3,500 down payment.
    So only $3,600 total for lease. That would probably put the monthly payment at ~$530
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 134,704
    ytseattle said:

Actually the sheet and the numbers are not accurate.
    It's only $100 order fee and $3,500 down payment.
    So only $3,600 total for lease. That would probably put the monthly payment at ~$530

LOL.. okay.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator