Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

instrument cluster goes off after vic was removed

katdeekatdee Glenn Dale MDPosts: 2
edited October 2019 in Jeep
The vic went out and blew the #6 fuse so I removed it but now my instrument cluster goes off a couple seconds after starting. I know lots of people take it out and don't replace it but why are my gauges going off? I checked the fuses and had to take out @16 because my dome lights wouldn't go off and I have to go to work and dont want the bttery to go dead. HELP PLEASE
Kathy

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 142,677
    katdee said:

The vic went out and blew the #6 fuse so I removed it but now my instrument cluster goes off a couple seconds after starting. I know lots of people take it out and don't replace it but why are my gauges going off? I checked the fuses and had to take out @16 because my dome lights wouldn't go off and I have to go to work and dont want the bttery to go dead. HELP PLEASE
    Kathy

What is the "vic"?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• katdeekatdee Glenn Dale MDPosts: 2
    The vic is the visual part that says your doors are open and sensors are out when they aren't. It gives you the date and time. It's above the ashtray.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 26,706
    So much missing info. In what order did these things occur? Did you replace the #6 fuse after removing the VIC? When did the dome lights get stuck on? After removing the VIC? If so, I’d assume they are related. Possibly, for example, the signal for open door passes through the VIC to the dome light and now it is seeing a constant open circuit. I can’t imagine you can simply pull the VIC. There must be some bypass wiring involved to get everything talking as if it is still there. Who are these people who have removed theirs without issue and have you asked them about your problem?

'19 Ioniq plug-in, '10 Equinox LS; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 50-car history and counting!