Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2016 Grand Cherokee lease buyout?

GrumpiebkGrumpiebk Posts: 7
edited December 2019 in Jeep
Have a 2016 JGC Overland on 39 month lease. Time to make a decision - turn it in or buy it out. Residual is $24,000 and I’ve got 41,000 miles on it. $425 lease disposition fee and probably $500 worth of wear and tear the dealer can ding me on. Thoughts on turning in vs buying?
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 158,190
    Grumpiebk said:

Have a 2016 JGC Overland on 39 month lease. Time to make a decision - turn it in or buy it out. Residual is $24,000 and I’ve got 41,000 miles on it. $425 lease disposition fee and probably $500 worth of wear and tear the dealer can ding me on. Thoughts on turning in vs buying?

Have you gotten a buy bid from CarMax, Carvana and Vroom? That will tell you the market value - if that's less that the buyout value, no sense paying extra.

Have you had the end of lease inspection? You might be surprised how much damage can get waived.

I put a good sized dent into the front passenger door of my Jetta lease about 2 months before I turned it in. Waived.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Michaell said:

Grumpiebk said:

Have you gotten a buy bid from CarMax, Carvana and Vroom? That will tell you the market value - if that's less that the buyout value, no sense paying extra.

Have you had the end of lease inspection? You might be surprised how much damage can get waived.

I put a good sized dent into the front passenger door of my Jetta lease about 2 months before I turned it in. Waived.
    Just got a quote from vroom for $25,000. Seems to make sense to sell. I’d like to get into a new (‘19 or 20) altitude but the lease deals right now don’t seem very good. Walked out of the dealer yesterday after they wouldn’t move off $450/mth for 42 month/12k miles. Thought they were insane. I’m at $450 now on my overland for 39/15 with 2k down.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 158,190
    Grumpiebk said:

Michaell said:

Grumpiebk said:

Just got a quote from vroom for $25,000. Seems to make sense to sell. I’d like to get into a new (‘19 or 20) altitude but the lease deals right now don’t seem very good. Walked out of the dealer yesterday after they wouldn’t move off $450/mth for 42 month/12k miles. Thought they were insane. I’m at $450 now on my overland for 39/15 with 2k down.
    Lease deals today are not as good as they were 3 years ago.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4