Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

MINI Cooper Tell BMW What You Want!

Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
edited October 2014 in MINI
This topic is to address the automaker with your want list for future MINIS, in terms of features AND service.

Go for it! They are listening to these forums!

Comments

• Options
    elemoncellielemoncelli Member Posts: 43
    Please bring us a Mini powered by plain ol regular gasoline. It's rediculous to have a base Mini burning premium gasoline (and dare I say its even crazy for the S to burn premium).

A lil more power in the base model wouldnt hurt much, 130-140hp is all I ask.
  • Options
    cct1cct1 Member Posts: 221
    For the S: 270 BHP and all wheel drive in a limited JCW edition.
  • Options
    I think the 2007 Mini will have a 135HP 1.6 Renault engine (or was it 1.8?). Don't know what fuel it runs on but it might very well be regular. Your prayers might have been answered already!
  • Options
    daysailerdaysailer Member Posts: 720
    1. Roll-back size increase

2. Reduce weight

3. Instrument binacle IN FRONT OF THE DRIVER

4. Interior styling for adults (more subdued and tasteful)

Other than that, it is my kind of car!
  • Options
    ratbert1ratbert1 Member Posts: 72
    AWD with a manual transmission and regular gas (which may be coming anyway). Tomorrow we're buying a Suzuki SX4 because it's only 1 of 2 AWD cars for us, the other one being a Subaru Impreza.
  • Options
    If thats the case, Whoohoo! :shades: But if it's all the same to you- I'll wait for the official word before doing the happy dance.
  • Options
    methinks it's pretty official. You can start dancing.
  • Options
    Where did you get such wonderful information? can you post a link or something?
  • Options
    It was in the Road & Track "new car issue" which I think was September 2006.
  • Options
    kid911911kid911911 Member Posts: 2
    Dear Mr Shiftright,

If they want to know, I want to tell SOMEONE!

We moved to an area where the closest dealer for my MINI is 60mi one way and I MUST go there for warranty work. This is insane and too bad for me as I cannot drive that long.

I contacted the BMW dealer very near to my home and they sell used Minis but cannot do warranty work. They have been waiting for a year to get a Mini dealership and so far they have not gotten it. There is no one out here so I don't understand this.

If BMW is listening, please hear this, you need a Mini dealership in Allentown, PA and you have a BMW dealer waiting and ready. They even have the showroom ready.

What is the deal?
  • Options
    ticatica Member Posts: 64
    hi
    the armrest is CRAP and useless. There is so much space between the seats this could be maximized for some real storage area; also the piddly net on the back of the sports seats is so short and useless that it doens't actually hold maps, hats, whatever you throw in there. give us REAL pockets in the back of the seat backs.

also, lower the down head rests, when you turn to look in back of you they are too high and block the view. they don't need to e that high.
  • Options
    do you mean the armrest is useless because it doesn't store anything under it or do you mean it's flimsy and cheap and doesn't hold your arm well?
  • Options
    larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    just a clean diesel or a hybrid version set to 60+ MPG on the USA scale.
  • Options
    sweeper2sweeper2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Mini and I wish the speedometer was accurate. It is off 5mph at 75 mph.
    Mini says that this is as designed and can't be fixed. Poor engineering
  • Options
    How do you know this?

Did you change tires at all?
  • Options
    british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Most speedos get fairly inaccurate as the speed climbs up. Did you have the car tested? Did you get a ticket? I hope you didn't just ask what your friends speedo next to you said when you were both driving at the same speed.
  • Options
    kreuzerkreuzer Member Posts: 131
    pickup truck? Any talk of this happening? It would be kinda like the old Volkswagen pickup. What do others think about this?
  • Options
    Dog_In_BackDog_In_Back Member Posts: 2
    1. The sun shade for the moon roof is too transparent.
    2. Need an armrest with counsil-like stroage in it.
    3. The pockets in the door are too short. There is room to make them 60% longer.
    4. Should be able to buy options ala-carte. Example, the garage door opener.
  • Options
    Dog_In_BackDog_In_Back Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 Mini S hardtop. Did not buy the expensive package that includes bluetooth. Are you aware of an aftermarket bluetooth cell phone package that I can use with the Mini?
  • Options
    british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Parrot should make one that is not incredibly expensive.
  • Options
    carpedrewumcarpedrewum Member Posts: 17
    Can you replace those nets on the back of the seats with proper leather or any other structurally solid material. The ability to stretch should be preserved but the holes covered.
This discussion has been closed.