Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Loaner versus Demo

CarDudeSortOfCarDudeSortOf Member Posts: 2
edited January 2020 in Mercedes-Benz
Anyone know if there's a difference between leasing/buying a loaner versus a demo E sedan? One dealer has a demo in stock and are offering me what I think is a good deal. Another dealer will charge me a slightly less than the other dealer, but for a loaner that has about 1,000 more miles on it. Specs are identical - exact same MSRP/options. Going to AutoCheck it looks like the loaner was registered in September. There is no record on AC for the demo going into service.

As far as I can tell, the loaner is considered used and the demo, new, but I'm not sure that's true and I'm not sure it matters.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331

Anyone know if there's a difference between leasing/buying a loaner versus a demo E sedan? One dealer has a demo in stock and are offering me what I think is a good deal. Another dealer will charge me a slightly less than the other dealer, but for a loaner that has about 1,000 more miles on it. Specs are identical - exact same MSRP/options. Going to AutoCheck it looks like the loaner was registered in September. There is no record on AC for the demo going into service.

As far as I can tell, the loaner is considered used and the demo, new, but I'm not sure that's true and I'm not sure it matters.

Thoughts?

Loaner = Demo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    CarDudeSortOfCarDudeSortOf Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

Thoughts?

Loaner = Demo
    Nearly certain loaner does not, in fact, = demo. But, thank you.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331

kyfdx said:

Thoughts?

Loaner = Demo
    Nearly certain loaner does not, in fact, = demo. But, thank you.
    For the purposes you’ve listed, they are exactly the same. Both have been put in service, and the warranty clock is ticking. Assuming under 5000 miles, they are both eligible for new car lease and purchase programs. Neither of them is considered used.

I’m more certain than you are... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator