Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CX-5 Questions regarding leases

rtauschrtausch Member Posts: 7
edited February 2020 in Mazda
I received a quote for $24,592 for a 2020 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD which they call a no-brainer price. I am looking to put zero down and I have 800 plus credit scores across all 3 agencies and I live in the 94598 area. I'm looking a 36 month lease with 15K miles a year. What should my monthly payments be?

And has anyone bought a 2020 CX-5 for less than I am showed above? This is for the Soul Red color which is more than other colors.

I'm not going to let them sell me a special wax or extended warranty or the $1,600 they want to charge for service for 3 years which is absurd for oil changes, etc.

And they told me that if I want 18K a year, which I really need, I could prepay 10 cents a mile for the 3K over the 15K instead of 15 cents at the turn in. I wonder if the 10 cents is negotiable. The prepay sounds reasonable.
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    rtausch said:

I received a quote for $24,592 for a 2020 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD which they call a no-brainer price. I am looking to put zero down and I have 800 plus credit scores across all 3 agencies and I live in the 94598 area. I'm looking a 36 month lease with 15K miles a year. What should my monthly payments be?

And has anyone bought a 2020 CX-5 for less than I am showed above? This is for the Soul Red color which is more than other colors.

I'm not going to let them sell me a special wax or extended warranty or the $1,600 they want to charge for service for 3 years which is absurd for oil changes, etc.

And they told me that if I want 18K a year, which I really need, I could prepay 10 cents a mile for the 3K over the 15K instead of 15 cents at the turn in. I wonder if the 10 cents is negotiable. The prepay sounds reasonable.

.00001 and 54%
    $75 lease cash (no, not a typo)

What is the MSRP?

Yes, prepay for the extra miles if you think you'll need them. It will simply inflate the monthly payment. The dime per mile is fixed by the bank and is not negotiable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rtauschrtausch Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2020
    Hello Moderator. MSRP is 26,730. Is $75 lease cash what the dealer gives me or what I give them. I'm new to this. And please let me know what my expected payments per month on 15K for the vehicle would be. Thanks.
    rtausch said:

Hello Moderator. Is $75 lease cash what the dealer gives me or what I give them. I'm new to this. And please let me know what my expected payments per month on 15K for the vehicle would be. Thanks.

Dealer gives to you; works like a down payment.

We need to have the MSRP in order to model a payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Sorry, yes, the MSRP is 26,730
    rtausch said:

Sorry, yes, the MSRP is 26,730

With the prices provided, I get $283/mo plus tax.

Assumes all fees and such are paid up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2020
    Question - if fees are not paid up front and are instead worked into the payment and the taxes at 8.25% are worked into the payment, would you know what the monthly lease payment would be? Many thanks.
    edited February 2020
    And when I am ready to lease the vehicle (got a few more payments on my van to make) Does Edmunds work with me and the dealer to get the car for me when I am ready? New to this site so I'm learning what Edmunds is.
    rtausch said:

And when I am ready to lease the vehicle (got a few more payments on my van to make) Does Edmunds work with me and the dealer to get the car for me when I am ready? New to this site so I'm learning what Edmunds is.

The program numbers you are working with will likely change each month; when you're ready to make you're deal, come back and we can run all the numbers again.

Sorry, we aren't a car buying service; we'll give you the numbers, but you have to make the deal yourself.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell, can you do me a favor and let me know based on the $283 a month plus tax and fees and such would bring the monthly to, just based on this information? I know things will change over time but I'm hoping you can let me know for this point in time.
    rtausch said:

Michaell, can you do me a favor and let me know based on the $283 a month plus tax and fees and such would bring the monthly to, just based on this information? I know things will change over time but I'm hoping you can let me know for this point in time.

Add roughly $30/mo to the payment for every $1000 of taxes and fees you add to the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks!