Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Evaluating 2019 vs. 2020 X3 xDrive30i loaner deals

MaverickKCMOMaverickKCMO Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in BMW
Hello friends, I am new here but I am hoping you all can help me out.

I am going to the dealership this afternoon to hopefully get a good deal on PURCHASING. I have never strongly negotiated price before and am looking for help. **Both of these vehicles are X3 xDrive30i, loaners, and both have 7,000 miles**

1st. - 2019
Price: $46,345 - $6,350 (discount) = current price of $39,995
Options: Driver assistance, heated seats, and panoramic

2nd - 2020
Price: $48,985 - $4,000 (discount) = current price of $44,985
Options: Driver assistance, convenience package, heated steering wheel

When I called about the 2019 I was told that I can have 1.9% for 60 months AND a $3,750 credit for having a BMW in the household already.

My questions......
1. Is it worth paying a little more for the 2020 to get the apple car play, heated steering wheel, keyless entry, and additional year of CPO coverage?
2. What do you think of the prices? Do you think I have room to negotiate the price down and if so......how much do you think?
3. Do you have strategies for how to get the price down?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084

Hello friends, I am new here but I am hoping you all can help me out.

I am going to the dealership this afternoon to hopefully get a good deal on PURCHASING. I have never strongly negotiated price before and am looking for help. **Both of these vehicles are X3 xDrive30i, loaners, and both have 7,000 miles**

1st. - 2019
    Price: $46,345 - $6,350 (discount) = current price of $39,995
    Options: Driver assistance, heated seats, and panoramic

2nd - 2020
    Price: $48,985 - $4,000 (discount) = current price of $44,985
    Options: Driver assistance, convenience package, heated steering wheel

When I called about the 2019 I was told that I can have 1.9% for 60 months AND a $3,750 credit for having a BMW in the household already.

My questions......
    1. Is it worth paying a little more for the 2020 to get the apple car play, heated steering wheel, keyless entry, and additional year of CPO coverage?
    2. What do you think of the prices? Do you think I have room to negotiate the price down and if so......how much do you think?
    3. Do you have strategies for how to get the price down?

With that many miles, you'll want to target a minimum of 15-20% off MSRP, before any incentives are applied.

Just offer the price you want to pay. The dealer can a) accept, b) decline, or c) counter.

Only you can decide if you can live without the features from the 2020.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4