Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Details on Owners Choice?

blackjackmarkblackjackmark Member Posts: 8
edited March 2020 in BMW
I'm in Illinois, one of the three states in which BMW Owner's Choice is offered. I'm looking for info on a purchase of an X3 30e through that program. Would use this instead of a regular lease due to the ability to claim the Federal tax incentive for PHEV.

Interest rate? Other details? I have read the acquisition fee is waived, but also that the interest rate is higher. I also know I'd pay tax on the full amount of the purchase price, but this would be more than offset by the $5,800+ tax credit.

Any info is appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

I'm in Illinois, one of the three states in which BMW Owner's Choice is offered. I'm looking for info on a purchase of an X3 30e through that program. Would use this instead of a regular lease due to the ability to claim the Federal tax incentive for PHEV.

Interest rate? Other details? I have read the acquisition fee is waived, but also that the interest rate is higher. I also know I'd pay tax on the full amount of the purchase price, but this would be more than offset by the $5,800+ tax credit.

Any info is appreciated.

4.09% APR

If you are trading a car in, you could take advantage of a sales tax trade-in credit (pretty much why OC was created).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• blackjackmarkblackjackmark Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx said:

4.09% APR

If you are trading a car in, you could take advantage of a sales tax trade-in credit (pretty much why OC was created).

thanks! Any other quirks to it? How is the payment calculated? i assume there’s some sort of residual used that ends up being the balloon payment. any ideas as to how to arrive at an approximate payment using the leasehackr calculator?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

kyfdx said:

4.09% APR

thanks! Any other quirks to it? How is the payment calculated? i assume there’s some sort of residual used that ends up being the balloon payment. any ideas as to how to arrive at an approximate payment using the leasehackr calculator?
    Pretty sure the residual is the same as a lease.

APR is roughly equivalent to .00170 MF.

Should be calculated about the same as a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator