Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How has COVID-19 impacted your car shopping? Click here to help us help drivers like you with a 5-min questionnaire.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 Q5 end of lease question

guyf972guyf972 Posts: 7
edited May 23 in Audi
Hi,

I have a 2018 Q5 Premium Plus with 25K miles on a 30K lease that ends 9/30/2020. I don't think I'll put on more than 1K until lease end. The car is in excellent condition and I like it a lot. I'm evaluating whether I should 1/buy the lease 2/extend 3/return and buy/lease a new car. My residual is $31.4K and I'm in the SF Bay Area.

What is the smartest financial decision or decision factors?

Thanks,

Guy

Answers

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 145,877
    guyf972 said:

Hi,

I have a 2018 Q5 Premium Plus with 25K miles on a 30K lease that ends 9/30/2020. I don't think I'll put on more than 1K until lease end. The car is in excellent condition and I like it a lot. I'm evaluating whether I should 1/buy the lease 2/extend 3/return and buy/lease a new car. My residual is $31.4K and I'm in the SF Bay Area.

What is the smartest financial decision or decision factors?

Thanks,

Guy

Find out what vehicles similar to yours are selling for on the open market. My guess is that its less than the $31K buyout, which means you should not buy yours.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4