Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi phev

IrishdocIrishdoc PAPosts: 5
edited June 21 in General
I can buy a Mitsubishi phev 2019 new for $30,000. I'd be trading in a 2017 Mazda cx9 with 30,000 miles to bring the price down to $19,000 after trade in, tax rebates and dealer incentives. 72 months at 0%. Should I do it?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 160,161
    Irishdoc said:

I can buy a Mitsubishi phev 2019 new for $30,000. I'd be trading in a 2017 Mazda cx9 with 30,000 miles to bring the price down to $19,000 after trade in, tax rebates and dealer incentives. 72 months at 0%. Should I do it?

$19K to trade up two model years and 30K miles? For arguably, a lesser vehicle?

I wouldn't do it..

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• IrishdocIrishdoc PAPosts: 5
    edited June 21
    Yeah, good point. I think the boredom of the pandemic has been scrambling my brain lol

Although I should add: it's actually a 2016 Mazda and I owe $9000 on it so I'd be spending $10,000 more than I would spend since I'd have to pay off the Mazda if I kept it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 160,161
    Irishdoc said:

Yeah, good point. I think the boredom of the pandemic has been scrambling my brain lol

Although I should add: it's actually a 2016 Mazda and I owe $9000 on it so I'd be spending $10,000 more than I would spend since I'd have to pay off the Mazda if I kept it.

Okay.. so, different car and different numbers.. lol.

Make sure you really want the Mitsubishi. 0% financing for 72 months isn't full value, unless you keep the vehicle for six years.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator