Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Driver’s seat trim cracked with 40,000 miles

KatClineKatCline Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in GMC
My car’s sticker price was over $52,0000, yet the driver’s seat trim cracked right above the electric seat buttons and then broke completely at about 40,000 miles. I paid over $400 to get it fixed. Within 8 months, the trim started cracking again in exactly the same area...again, broke completely! I have talked to GMC three times, but they swear they have had no complaints, which I know is completely false because I have researched the issue and found numerous complaints for that very issue!
I now drive a $52,000 car with duct tape holding the driver’s seat together, as I cannot keep paying $400 every year to have the seat removed and the trim replaced! They still deny there is an issue. I say we start a class action lawsuit! It’s a shame they would put such cheap plastic parts on such an expensive vehicle in the first place, but then continuously deny there is a problem! How many others have this same issue now? Has GMC been at all helpful? Thanks!

Comments