Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Purchase Price on 2020 Sorento

deep6eddeep6ed Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Kia
Hello

I’m planning on purchasing a 2020 Kia Sorento S, MSRP $36,730 in NJ. I’m looking at financing for 72 mos. I’m aware of the $4,000 cash back, $1,500 trade assistance cash, and a $3,000 KMF BONUS.

First, are all three of these programs compatible or stackable with each other? I’ve seen the $4,000 and the $1,500 used together but not sure if all three could be used concurrently or if that was being misrepresented by a dealer.

Second, a lot of dealers in my area are advertising this vehicle with a “dealer” discount of approximately $1100 representing their markup on the vehicle. One dealer even said to me that Kia has moved away from big markups to offer generous rebates to consumers. Is this true and there is no additional markup in these vehicles?

$1100 discount while welcome means a lot of sales tax will still have to be paid as any rebates will only be applied afterwards. I thank you in advance for your input as I work at putting a deal together.

Regards
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118
    deep6ed said:

Hello

I’m planning on purchasing a 2020 Kia Sorento S, MSRP $36,730 in NJ. I’m looking at financing for 72 mos. I’m aware of the $4,000 cash back, $1,500 trade assistance cash, and a $3,000 KMF BONUS.

First, are all three of these programs compatible or stackable with each other? I’ve seen the $4,000 and the $1,500 used together but not sure if all three could be used concurrently or if that was being misrepresented by a dealer.

Second, a lot of dealers in my area are advertising this vehicle with a “dealer” discount of approximately $1100 representing their markup on the vehicle. One dealer even said to me that Kia has moved away from big markups to offer generous rebates to consumers. Is this true and there is no additional markup in these vehicles?

$1100 discount while welcome means a lot of sales tax will still have to be paid as any rebates will only be applied afterwards. I thank you in advance for your input as I work at putting a deal together.

Regards

Our information shows you get $4000 if you pay cash or bring your own financing.

Or, $3000 incentive if you use the Kia low APR financing.

Trade assistance would stack on either of those.

Use this link to determine your best pre-incentive selling price:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• deep6eddeep6ed Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Michaell
  • jbariljbaril Member Posts: 43
    I purchased a 2020 Sorento S V6, Imperial Blue/black; remote start, mats, splash guards. $5500 rebate + $4500 off of MSRP. Wheat Ridge, CO
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118
    edited October 2020
    jbaril said:

I purchased a 2020 Sorento S V6, Imperial Blue/black; remote start, mats, splash guards. $5500 rebate + $4500 off of MSRP. Wheat Ridge, CO

Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

EDIT - two transactions in one day? How did you find the time?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4