Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you let us know what your question or comment is about, it is highly likely that we have an existing discussion that will cover it. If not, we'll create one on the spot!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    metro123metro123 Member Posts: 100
    Not sure if there is one but I'd like to participate in a discussion regarding auto theft and auto burglary. As a victim of one auto theft and several auto burglaries I think a discussion about events surrounding these crimes might help prevent them in the future. Also, I would like to discuss trends in theft such as hot vehicles being stolen or hot parts such as airbags or wheels and what vehicles are being targeted, solutions ect.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    srpaulussrpaulus Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2000 LR Discv. II. In the past month or two I've noticed that my rear suspension has gon out. I don't know a lot about the LR, I do know that there are airbags involved. Any suggestions on what to look for. i.e. electrical, quick fix etc. Please feel free to give any and all advice on this matter. Thanks!
  • Options
    travaglionetravaglione Member Posts: 1
    I have a '05 GMC Sierra 1500, 2WD,G80 locker. The dealer won't repair the blown rear because I lowered the suspension 3". Has anyone had any similar problems?
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You can find out what other owners think in Silverado/Sierra: 1500 Owners. You may also want to look at Silverado/Sierra: Ride/Suspension.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    nlykflynn71nlykflynn71 Member Posts: 3
    My 2001 CR-V has a rough idle ,only when i come to a stop,it almost wants to stall, and its seems to be getting werse,some times its runs fine,im lost ,please help...
  • Options
    nlykflynn71nlykflynn71 Member Posts: 3
    I'v added fuel cleaner,changed the fuel filter,im thinking of the spark plugs ,put its not all the time this happens.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You should post in the Idle or Stalling Problems discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    superman32superman32 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I'm currently a medical student which means I have no job, no income and live off my student loans.
    Is it possible to lease a vehicle, while I live off my loans or am I essentially forced to buy?
    My credit was very good before school, but now I just have an immense and ever growing debt.

Thank you
    :surprise:
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Smart Shopper board - the General Questions about Leasing Vehicles discussion would be a good place to start. Since you probably won't have time to put too many miles on a car, you might be a good candidate for one of those lease assumption programs, especially for a car where the mileage is going to be bumping up against the lease limits because the lessor underestimated how much driving she would do. (see Lease Trader - New Option for Consumers - but note the cautionary comments to Phillip's blog post)
  • Options
    joe149joe149 Member Posts: 8
    I'm having electrical trouble with my 4 runner. Where should I post? Thanks.
  • Options
    Try posting in the Toyota 4Runner Maintenance and Repair discussion.

If you think the problem may not be limited just to 4Runners, you may want to go to the Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy discussion and use the Search This Discussion tool and see what hits you get.
  • Options
    metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    Please visit Sienna lease questions to give some updates
    Thanks!
  • Options
    oldman15oldman15 Member Posts: 43
    My 2003 P5 88,000 miles, produces a low groaning type noise that increases in pitch w/ speed. Makes noise w/ clutch in or out, so it seems not to be tranny related. Noise stops if I turn the steering wheel to the right. Either something is rubbing agains a tire, or front gear problem, or bearing problem, or,...
    Before I take it in and am at the mercy of their cash register, thought I'd get some advise from you all.
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    apinkstonapinkston Member Posts: 4
    I have a 04 F-350 super duty tahat has a problem after stopping. As I accelerate after stopping at a light, there is a pronounced "clunk" for want of a better word. It feels like the drivetrain has slack in it and after rolling a few feet all the slack catches up and you can really fell this slop
    Any help as to the problem would help
  • Options
    lucke113lucke113 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am considering buying a Mercedes 300D, somewhere in the early to mid 80's range. I first have to sell my gas-guzzling Yukon XL.
    I have read every post on here dealing with the 300D and most seem positive. I too, would like to run biofuel but first things first.
    I always do my homework thoroughly before purchasing a car and (I am knocking on my wood desk) have gotten great running used cars. I will probably end up buying this 300D from a distance, there aren't many avail in Or., so I won't be able to have it checked out by my mechanic. Finally,I am getting to the point....are there any specific questions, other than the obvious that I should ask the owner about,(sounds like a properly running AC is one)?
    I have never owned one of these cars but I love the classic look of them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Options
    I would try Mazda Protege5 Maintenance and Repair first. The general Mazda Protege5 discussion may also be helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    Check the topics in Ford F-Series.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    I take you have looked at Mercedes 300D Suggestions. That would be the place to post your question!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    byumgrbyumgr Member Posts: 14
    Alright, I have a 2005 Toyota Highlander Ltd. with automatic transmission with 35,000 miles. No where in the 'Passport' can I find where it is regular scheduled maintenance recommended for the transmission. Can someone please tell me when it is recommended and how often? Thank you. Mike.
  • Options
  • Options
    billjagbilljag Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    To post a message in a discussion, click the 'Reply' button next to a message you wish to respond to, or go to the last posted message in that discussion to post a new question or response to the general discussion. That is where the form for posting messages is located. (If you are on any other page of a discussion, you will see at the bottom of that page the following: “In order to POST, go to the last page of the discussion.)

Then follow these steps:

Type the title of your message in the Title box.
    Type the text of the message in the large box.
    Click on "Check Spelling" to spell-check your message. (This is optional but recommended.)
    Click on "Post My Message."
    Your message will appear in the discussion as the most recent posting – the one with the highest post number. After posting your message, you have 30 minutes to edit or delete your message.

If you want to start a new discussion, please visit this link.

Welcome to CarSpace!
  • Options
    mummpomummpo Member Posts: 2
    I have taken my 2003 Saturn ION into the same dealer from new. Now it is 2000 miles past the warranty and I am told it needs struts/wheel bearings/rear brakes and tires. It cost me $156 for the diagnostic then they said it would be $2,500 to fix it!
    I am 65 years old and don't even go far in this car.
    I called Saturn and then the dealership called me and asked me to take it in again.
    This time, they said well, they struts don't actually need to be done and oh, only one bearing needed to be done, and oh yes, they would take $100 off the total.
    I am so angry and upset. Who can I turn to for help in this matter. I am being ripped off.
  • Options
    There are several topics in the Saturn ION group that can help you with some of the technical issues you raise. You may also want to look at Warranty Claims Administration. Also, it may not hurt to inquire about "goodwill" warranty coverage.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    ggadetteggadette Member Posts: 2
    Lincoln Mark VII 1989, great condition, New battery. Cant seem to figure out why it stalls, only while making left turns, and its about 80% of the time so not all of the time, and never stalls any other time. And starts right back up after stalling. Please help.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Try posting in our Idle or Stalling Problems - All Vehicles discussion.
  • Options
    maggienajmaggienaj Member Posts: 11
    Hello, does anybody know where the air conditioner filter in Honda Civic 2007 is located? The manual doesn't say anything. Will appreciate your response. Thanks!
  • Options
    Someone in 2007 Civic EX - Air Conditioning problem should be able to help you.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    eva2deva2d Member Posts: 7
    What is an s-plan on a mazda cx-9?
  • Options
    Looks like you found the best place for your question, the Mazda CX-9: Lease Questions discussion. Good luck with it!
  • Options
    Actually, the best place to ask would be at this link: Civic Climate Control System. Come on over and we'll see if we can find the answer for you. :)
  • Options
    Thanks, Pat! I don't know how I missed that. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    bplairdbplaird Member Posts: 4
    How can I change my discussion forum (track items) from 1997 Honda Accord Maintenance to 2006 Honda Accord Maintenance? I'm having trouble finding the correct area on the website. :blush:
  • Options
    Thank you Pat for such quick response - will try that link - Maggie
  • Options
    Pat, didn't find it on your link, but noticed that other people and with different cars have similar problem. I will wait maybe somebody will respond
  • Options
    If you'll go to the '97 Accord discussion, you can click on Remove Track and that'll take the discussion off your tracked items.

Then navigate to the '06 Accord discussion and look for the Track This Discussion button at the top or bottom of the page. Click that and follow the prompts to add that discussion back to your list. There's probably a couple of other ways to get it done, but that's how I do it. ;)

You can view your favorite Discussions and bookmarked postings by clicking on "My Tracked Items" link in the sidebar or at the bottom of any Forums discussion page.
  • Options
    grace4evergrace4ever Member Posts: 30
    Does anyone know what the correct tire pressure (psi) is for the Aveo 4-door hatchback? It says 44psi on the tire but doesn't seem like that can be right. I have looked inside the drivers door for the sticker and in glove compartment but no sticker there either that tells you the correct psi for the tires. any help appreciated. ps. called dealership and they don't know either.
  • Options
    Try asking in the Chevrolet Aveo Tires/Wheels discussion (and you're right, 44 is the max but the recommended pressure for a passenger car is rarely if ever that high).

[oh, you found that discussion - so, what Pf_Flyer said :shades: ]
  • Options
    Unfortunately, didn't find an answer anywhere - Maggie
  • Options
    Try a parts store - H and A has a Honda Cabin Filter, also called Pollen filter or A/C filter for sale. I don't see install instructions but if you contact them, you can probably get an answer.

There's another store link or two in the Online Repair Manuals guide, plus links there to online factory manuals that you may be able to access free through your local library.

Once you figure it all out, please post over in the climate discussion that Pat linked so other owners will be able to easily find the info in future. Thanks!
  • Options
    Thank you Steve!
  • Options
    here is the response from a guy from a parts store:
    The filter is located under the dash in the casing that holds the a/c blower, it is usually accessed behind the glove box. Didn't get any more details, will keep digging...
    I also posted it in the climate discussion link - I don't know if it goes there automatically or not. Thanks!
  • Options
    volvo7volvo7 Member Posts: 1
    I have a Volvo C70 2001. Mechanics have checked the brakes but have not found an answer.

My problem - brakes work fine but occasionally one of the front brakes starts to overheat. After the car is turned off and sits for a while the problem disappears. The drag is small - enough to keep the car from rolling at idle speed, but enough to cause serious heat in the disc.

The problem when it surfaces kicks in after a few stops and at least 5 minutes of driving.

Any ideas on the cause? I suggested to the mechanic that it might be the master cylinder and he said it was OK.

Would appreciate your ideas.
  • Options
    Post your question in Volvo C70 Brake Issues.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    katherine8512katherine8512 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to purchase a new car but on a budget of about $10k-13k since I'm still a poor college student. I'm looking for a foreign car as I am sick of my current American made car. I've been looking at 02-05 VW Jetta/Passat, 00-04 Volvo S40/S60/S80, 02-04Honda Civic/Accord. I'm leaning more towards a Jetta or any of the Volvos, but I've seen lots of complaints with maintenance problems which is something I don't have time to deal with. Which one do you think would be a better buy for me? Any other suggestions of cars to look at? Thanks.
  • Options
    Here's one place to start: VW Jetta 2.5 vs. Volvo S40

Be sure to check out the individual model topics in the Volvo S40, Volkswagen Passat and Honda Accord groups as well.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    stefan4stefan4 Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 2000 ISUZU RODEO. THE SYSTEM HEATS AND COOLS WHENEVER IT WILL COME ON. WHATEVER CAUSES THE HEAT AND AIR TO BLOW OUT HAS A SHORT CIRCUIT. I HAVE PUT IT IN THE SHOP ON THREE DIFFERENT TIMES AND EACH WAS JUST A TEMPORARY FIX. IF IT COMES ON AT ALL IT IS FOR ABOUT FIVE SECONDS AND GOES RIGHT BACK OFF. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION OTHER THAN REPLACING THE ENTIRE SYSTEM. I KNOW ONE TIME HE CHECKED THE FUSES AND DID SOMETHING AND IT WORKED FOR A WHILE. I AM NOT SURE WHAT HE DID THE OTHER TWO TIME TO MAKE IT WORK FOR WHILE
  • Options
    Try asking in the Isuzu Rodeo Maintenance and Repair discussion.

And I recommend not posting in all CAPS - it's hard to read so many people just skip over those posts. Good luck!
  • Options
    shewetsonshewetson Member Posts: 3
    I have one of the first SUV's made for the 2007 year, and I'm having a problem where the sound, base, treble all seem to drop off when the car is moving. It changes volume/quality frequently. I've seen the service bulletin on this, but this is happening constantly and is much more than an occasional thing. It never settles and just keeps on changing all of the time. I'm meeting with Hyundai USA about this next week. Any ideas as to the cause, or solutions? Help!