Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Please tell me the MF, residual value and incentives for a 2020 Toyota Rav 4 xle prem.

hwrobberyhwrobbery Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Toyota
My zip is 19111. 36 mos/12k
Must I pay aquisition, and deposition fees?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    hwrobberyhwrobbery Member Posts: 2
    Sorry yes it has AWD. Thanks.
  • Options
    angelvrod90angelvrod90 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2020
    hi. what would be the residual value of a toyota rav 4 hyrbrid limited fully eqquied with the last package they offer on the website and leaase it for 3 years and 15000 miles per year . website msrp says 41,208
    zip is 10467 for the time being
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

hi. what would be the residual value of a toyota rav 4 hyrbrid limited fully eqquied with the last package they offer on the website and leaase it for 3 years and 15000 miles per year . website msrp says 41,208

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives
    im sorry im a rookie what is the .00135 for ?
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives
    hi also the correct info is 2020 RAV4 XSE Hybrid
    All-Wheel Drive (AWD), 2.5L 4-Cyl. Hybrid, ECVT with a MSRP of $39,766 and putting 5000-10000 down with the 15000 miles per yer option . what would be the residual value ? for a 2 year lease or a 3 year lease
  • Options

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives
    All-Wheel Drive (AWD), 2.5L 4-Cyl. Hybrid, ECVT with a MSRP of $39,766 and putting 5000-10000 down with the 15000 miles per yer option . what would be the residual value ? for a 2 year lease or a 3 year lease
    .00135 is the money factor, which is how the rent charge is calculated for a lease.

Why would you want to start a lease (which is effectively a rental) with $5-10K to start? You will have a lower payment, sure, but the cost of the lease is the same.

And, if the car is stolen or totaled during the lease, you lose all that up front money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives
    .00135 is the money factor, which is how the rent charge is calculated for a lease.

Why would you want to start a lease (which is effectively a rental) with $5-10K to start? You will have a lower payment, sure, but the cost of the lease is the same.

And, if the car is stolen or totaled during the lease, you lose all that up front money.
    thats exactly why for a , lower payment. but you just inform me that is to much. what would be a good down payment . Mind you i want to buy the car at the end of the lease year. having the piece of mind knowing where the car has been what i got done to the car it just better for me than getting a used car with a paper saying "trust me nothing happen to the car 'wink'". i will travel a lot so i know im putting miles into the car which is why i also want the 15000 miles option . also is it true about if one went over the mileage mark but decides to use the buyback option the surchage for going over the miles mark will be void? also me doing the math if i put 2000 down ill pay 460 a month for 36 which will total to 16560 adding the down payment will be 18560 or so but if i pay 10000 ill pay 250 a month for 36 which will cost 9000 adding the down payment ill still pay around the same amount giving a couple hundred dollars off but i will pay less montly than trying to find the 460 that for me is basicly half of half my rent
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

thats exactly why for a , lower payment. but you just inform me that is to much. what would be a good down payment . Mind you i want to buy the car at the end of the lease year. having the piece of mind knowing where the car has been what i got done to the car it just better for me than getting a used car with a paper saying "trust me nothing happen to the car 'wink'". i will travel a lot so i know im putting miles into the car which is why i also want the 15000 miles option . also is it true about if one went over the mileage mark but decides to use the buyback option the surchage for going over the miles mark will be void? also me doing the math if i put 2000 down ill pay 460 a month for 36 which will total to 16560 adding the down payment will be 18560 or so but if i pay 10000 ill pay 250 a month for 36 which will cost 9000 adding the down payment ill still pay around the same amount giving a couple hundred dollars off but i will pay less montly than trying to find the 460 that for me is basicly half of half my rent
    We recommend $0 down payment - just the first payment and the registration costs should be paid at signing.

Would you pre-pay the rent for your housing - instead of paying $1000/mo for for 12 months, you pay $6000 up front and only $500/mo?

The whole idea of a lease is that it's a rental, and should be structured to be pay-as-you-go.

If you go over miles, but buy the car, then there is no surcharge for the extra miles. The problem is that if you do that, you are locked into the purchase price.

Example - MSRP is $40,000, and residual is 50% after 3 years. But, in three years, the market value is only $16,000. You'll pay an extra $4000 to buy "your" car rather than an equivalent used car. Not a smart decision for you.

If the intention is to keep the car after the lease term, you should just buy it to start, and not lease to buy. You will avoid the lease specific fees, that way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited September 2020

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

We recommend $0 down payment - just the first payment and the registration costs should be paid at signing.

Would you pre-pay the rent for your housing - instead of paying $1000/mo for for 12 months, you pay $6000 up front and only $500/mo?

The whole idea of a lease is that it's a rental, and should be structured to be pay-as-you-go.

If you go over miles, but buy the car, then there is no surcharge for the extra miles. The problem is that if you do that, you are locked into the purchase price.

Example - MSRP is $40,000, and residual is 50% after 3 years. But, in three years, the market value is only $16,000. You'll pay an extra $4000 to buy "your" car rather than an equivalent used car. Not a smart decision for you.

If the intention is to keep the car after the lease term, you should just buy it to start, and not lease to buy. You will avoid the lease specific fees, that way.
    thanks so much for the advice to be honest that's how i actually do my rent i don't give it up front but i already have x amount of months in advance and would gladly pay more on my initial payment if one has it of course and pay less monthly. but that's not how rent works obviously. and i expect the car to go down and be worth a little more than the current market value after three years . but knowing everything about the car from beginning to present is in my belief priceless and would pay the 4000 extra that you mention knowing the car myself from inside out. and one more time just to confrim lol what would be the lease specific lease fees , the MF and the residual % for a RAV4 XSE Electronic-AWD 2.5L 4-Cyl. Hybrid at 40,705 for 36 Months at 12000 a year mileage ? i know i will spend more money im trying to find the lowest residual percanatge and lowest or most zeros MF for that car cause for peace of mind is worth it. doing what i did regarding the rent it work out cause of what the world is going through
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

Michaell said:

.00135 and 58%
    No incentives

thanks so much for the advice to be honest that's how i actually do my rent i don't give it up front but i already have x amount of months in advance and would gladly pay more on my initial payment if one has it of course and pay less monthly. but that's not how rent works obviously. and i expect the car to go down and be worth a little more than the current market value after three years . but knowing everything about the car from beginning to present is in my belief priceless and would pay the 4000 extra that you mention knowing the car myself from inside out. and one more time just to confrim lol what would be the lease specific lease fees , the MF and the residual % for a RAV4 XSE Electronic-AWD 2.5L 4-Cyl. Hybrid at 40,705 for 36 Months at 12000 a year mileage ? i know i will spend more money im trying to find the lowest residual percanatge and lowest or most zeros MF for that car cause for peace of mind is worth it. doing what i did regarding the rent it work out cause of what the world is going through
    .00135 and 62%

You want a low money factor and a high residual - the numbers we've given are the best you can do for the model and trim requested.

$650 acquisition fee

Toyota charges separately for the GAP coverage, but this is negotiable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.