Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in the market for a new car and having a hard time finding affordable options? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 2/26 for more details.

Lease Options Add-Ons

Cindy_G1Cindy_G1 Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Kia
Three years ago, we leased for the first time, and with pure luck and stubbornness got within $15 of the advertised lease deal.

I am trying to educate myself about leasing. Is it legitimate for a dealer to add on Options exceeding the advertised vehicle's options? I thought the MSRP included the options. Wouldn't this in effect be charging you 100% for the options plus the value of the options included in the lease value of the vehicle, maybe around 50% of MSRP? If you rent an apartment with a new dishwasher, you don't let the landlord tack on $600 over the course of your lease to pay for it, because it is included in the value of the apartment! Maybe I need to compare the MSRP sticker with the options the car is equipped with for any dealer added options.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 174,875
    Cindy_G1 said:

Three years ago, we leased for the first time, and with pure luck and stubbornness got within $15 of the advertised lease deal.

I am trying to educate myself about leasing. Is it legitimate for a dealer to add on Options exceeding the advertised vehicle's options? I thought the MSRP included the options. Wouldn't this in effect be charging you 100% for the options plus the value of the options included in the lease value of the vehicle, maybe around 50% of MSRP? If you rent an apartment with a new dishwasher, you don't let the landlord tack on $600 over the course of your lease to pay for it, because it is included in the value of the apartment! Maybe I need to compare the MSRP sticker with the options the car is equipped with for any dealer added options.

Dealer added accessories will always be 100% of their cost. Never a good idea to have them included on any car you are planning to lease. The residual value is calculated against the MSRP - the bottom line number on the factory window sticker.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Thanks for the advice.