Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda CR V aftermarket fee dealership

CMoneyCMoney Member Posts: 7
edited August 2020 in Honda
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a used CPO Honda CRV and have been reaching out to multiple dealers. All of them have provided me prices and the one I'm interested in is telling me their price excludes a fee for making the car Certified. Then they showed me a picture of the fee and the amount. It is called an "aftermarket fee" for certifying the vehicle. It doesn't make sense to me since I would think that any costs to certified the vehicle would be included in the sales price. Has anyone heard of a dealer doing that? They were pretty transparent about it so I'm wondering if they just didn't know what it was and gave me the wrong information as the person I spoke to was not a salesperson. If you have any input please share. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    It is likely that they haven't already paid to have the car certified, and if you want it that way, then it will be extra. Basically, if you buy a CPO car, you are purchasing an extended warranty.

It does make your choice clear. If that is the car you want, and you meet on an acceptable price, then you know the extra cost for the CPO warranty.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

It is likely that they haven't already paid to have the car certified, and if you want it that way, then it will be extra. Basically, if you buy a CPO car, you are purchasing an extended warranty.

It does make your choice clear. If that is the car you want, and you meet on an acceptable price, then you know the extra cost for the CPO warranty.

I think so too but just strange that they would say it's CPO but want me to pay for it . Usually it's baked into the price from what I've seen.. thanks for your response!