Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo XC60 vs BW X3?

NYC888NYC888 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2020 in Volvo
What would be the biggest pros/cons/considerations in these 2 cars? We are a family of 3 and in NYC. TIA!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    NYC888 said:

What would be the biggest pros/cons/considerations in these 2 cars? We are a family of 3 and in NYC. TIA!

Have you driven them?

Not sure that someone else's opinion will do you much good, as each person will have individual biases for or against each choice.

I've not driven either, but I'd say the BMW is more sporty, while the XC60 is more comfortable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    I looked at both recently (we ended up with an RDX. You might want to consider looking at those too).

Both fine options. Different feel to them. Really a situation where try them both, and decide which you like best, and of course, the deal you can get.

As to deal, try to get a service loaner Volvo or BMW. those tend to be the best deals.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    The XC60 uses a Haldex system which is a part-time AWD configuration that is FWD based- no power goes to the rear wheels until slippage of the front wheels is detected.
    In contrast, the X3 will feel much more like a RWD sports sedan. The BMW xDrive AWD system is a very sophisticated full-time AWD system that has a default front/rear torque split of 40:60. If the xDrive system detects slippage it can send up 100% to the front or rear axle in one tenth of a second.
    When all is said and done, you need to drive both and see which one suits you better. Me, I think FWD is pointless in anything larger than a Mini Cooper. so for me the choice is easy.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive