Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in the market for a new car and having a hard time finding affordable options? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 2/26 for more details.

BMW X3 Lease Application Denied

simplyjxsimplyjx Posts: 5
edited September 2020 in BMW
Looking for any help and advice with my specific situation, as I am new to leasing!

I was originally looking to lease a BMW X3, however my lease application was denied without a co-signer, and I unfortunately won't be able to get someone to co-sign for me. My credit score is very good, as I just checked FICO auto score 8 is above 740, yet I have no prior history leasing or having an auto loan.

Looking for advice on what to do from here. Will I not be able to get approved at all with BMW or will I need to lease a cheaper car? What brands would be more lenient on first time leasers?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 179,929
    simplyjx said:

Looking for any help and advice with my specific situation, as I am new to leasing!

I was originally looking to lease a BMW X3, however my lease application was denied without a co-signer, and I unfortunately won't be able to get someone to co-sign for me. My credit score is very good, as I just checked FICO auto score 8 is above 740, yet I have no prior history leasing or having an auto loan.

Looking for advice on what to do from here. Will I not be able to get approved at all with BMW or will I need to lease a cheaper car? What brands would be more lenient on first time leasers?

Thanks in advance! :)

These are good questions for the dealer. But, a lack of auto history credit will definitely affect your ability to qualify for a lease. The F&I person at the dealership can give you guidance. It may be that a less expensive vehicle relative to your income will get you financed.

But, expect to get hit with a higher money factor, as you will definitely drop into a lower credit tier. It may be that you have to finance, rather than lease, and with a decent sized down payment.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• HDAZDHDAZD 48532Posts: 10
    that's very good advice, thank you