Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Paint Problems

Comments

• mymittiesmymitties Posts: 242
    Hi Sue....

This is Really great to hear.. and congratulations for holding your ground !!
    Good luck with your paint job. I'm sure everything will turn-out ok for you. The body shop manager and painter here sound like they are fairly decent guys ....
    Sorry about your loss..

Keep us posted..
    Frank ;)
  • susanm5susanm5 Posts: 21
    They deleted a couple of my posts,but just to update Wanda and everyone else here,GM ageed to paint my whole car after filing my paperwork for Arbitration.
    Ok, Hosts...What happened to Posts #62, #64, & #65
    Pat or Karen can you tell us...did you delete these for a reason or..???!!!

Frank :confuse:
  • Susan said a naughty word..she can't help it , shes from new jersey, like me.....we have no morals... :P
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    Frank,
    I believe it was a slightly offensive word that means pointed object...pick with an r after the p. :) My post was removed because it was in reply to the one removed.
    Basically, the regional guy was a jerk and I suggested she report him to the higher ups. She's thinking about it. :) It's great that things are working out for her but sad that GM still has jerks like that working for them.

Frank...my man...chill, buddy. The hosts are just doing their jobs. :)

Later,
    Ron
  • I have to get my car repainted, no, no chips...but I'm the only guy here with a red car!! :cry: it's either I get it repainted or everyone here will think I'm a g..........irl :blush:
    Nah, Bryan, I'm anxious to see pictures of y'all's cars. I have a feeling they look pretty sweet. I missed my last black car when I decided to buy this one. But, this will likely be my last black car....at least for some time. Red, charcoal, or maybe pearl/white may be next for me.

Aside from pink and emerald, I'm not sure there are any other girlie colors. ;)
  • Well, the fact that Wanda and Susan have the other red cars...that leaves me looking kinda...you know... :shades:..yeah , I'm working on the pictures ...takes me awhile to figure things out, like the remote on my TV...
    Thanks Ron,

AAAHHHHHHHHH Yes !!! Now I remember why...it's all coming back to me now. It was that "P" word used !!. 'Ya , I was a little surprised at the time, but forgot about it after a couple of days ...It was posted for quite awhile and so I thought that the host(S) were ok with it at the time and after. Oh well, I surely do understand now..
    Remember, I am still relatively new here with some of the in's and out's of......
    The HOST(S) (Pat & Karen) do a great Job..!!!

Many thanks
    Frank ;)
  • martin22martin22 Posts: 53
    Bryan, don't worry - mine is Sport Red too with the tan interior and very pleased I am with it.
  • Thanks, Martin....I feel better now..is yours an "06 or '07?...Leather or cloth?....SS or LT?
    '06, SS with leather. I'd post a picture but it's not unusual like some I've seen. The only customisation is a discreet 'GB' badge on the trunk lid. (Being an ex-pat Brit, I had to show the flag!)
  • Mine's unusual, not because I modified anything,It's the only one that I've seen or know of that has Cloth seats, no sunroof , no XM radio....just a stripped down SS....
  • Martin,
    We have a couple of Red Impala's here with paint chipping problems...do you have any problems with the paint chipping?
    None whatsoever, luckily. This paint problem may be related to a specific production date (ie a bad batch or someone asleep at the switch) For the record, my car was built in Jan '06
  • Wow!!.. Thats the month mine was built!!....and I have no problems either....The other 2 Red Impalas in here that have problems are Wanda and Susan's ...could it be that...nah...I don't wanna go there..... ;) I think one is an '07 and the other is an "06...thanks for your info Martin...
  • wbowl99wbowl99 Posts: 133
    Been away for a few days, but glad to hear Susan is getting the whole car painted. I'm still waiting for the GM rep to come in, but the guy from GM customer service is still checking with me every week to find out if it's happened yet. Hope he's not the jerk (or like him) that Susan had to deal with. My situation is really sticky since my son is a salesman at the dealership, but as I told the guy CS guy yesterday, it seems to have been thrown together with all the problems it is having.

I'll take a look at the month mine was produced, but you are correct that mine is 06 and hers is 07.

Wanda P.S. sorry to hear some think the sport red is girlie. I'd have chosen white or black if they'd had them on the lot during the closeout.
  • pogo1000pogo1000 Posts: 7
    I recently bought a red/maroon 2006 Impala LTZ. I bought it used from a chevy dealership. I didn't notice any chips when I bought the car, but a few days later I noticed many (approx 40-50) small chips on the front plastic bumper and hood. I wondered how they covered that up where I couln't tell?

Anyways, I just want to say there is someone else out here who has that problem. Do I have any recourse with the dealer since I bought it used?

By the way, I love the way the car rides. Thanks.
    Check to see if all the warranties transferred. If so, you'll probably have to fight like the others but you should be covered the same way. It's becoming apparent that there was at least a bad batch of red paint. If everyone affected sticks together, it will make it easier for everyone to get some recourse. At least, that's my opinion. ;)
  • Pogo, theres a few here who have the problem....and a couple here that don't, including me, Thank Goodness.....what month was your car manufactured?..............thanks......bryan..............ps...theres at least one person here who's getting her car repainted...
    Hey Bryan...

It sure will be interesting to see if Pogo has the same January '06 production date....You know, it's been 5 or 6 days since your question, do you think he knows where to look for it..??. And Gee..This paint chip problem doesn't seem to be as active as it once was..?? Do you think everyone has given-up here..or maybe gone on vacation ?? And, it's very strange....there's no word from the girls (Susan & Wanda) in particular..?? Oh well, you know what...
    probably, Susan is in the paint booth and is refusing to come out until her full paint job is done to her satisfaction, including door jams, and, our friend Wanda has found a boy friend and could be checking for those nail scratches around the door handles. Gee wiz , hope I didn't get tooooooo personal here.!! Just wondering..!!

Frank ;)

P.S. And, closer to home... I hear that the life story/musical " The Jersey Boys" (re: Frankis Valie and the four seasons), is a great show to see..!! Yep...I'm a big fan...
  • Yeah, The Jersey Boys are awesome...come and see it!...I'm about a 45 minute ride from new york....I believe there are 5 of us with Red Impalas...Pogo, Martin, Wanda , Susan and myself...so far Susan, Pogo and Wanda are the only ones with the chip problem.... Martin and I have the same production date....Jan, "06................talk later....bryan
    Hey guys, Not sure about Susan, maybe paint fumes got her, but I'm still waiting for the GM rep to come to town ... going on 4 weeks now. The GM service guy at the 800# calls every week to find out if anything has been done. And he says he calls the dealership each week as well. Maybe they're hoping that I'll just go away. . . stupid them.

I finally looked at the date on my car... February 06. Too bad mine couldn't have been back in Jan when yours were done so maybe I wouldn't have problems.

Oh, and Frank, no boyfriend yet. :D
  • Thanks for checking in Wanda!!...WE no longer have to Wanda where Wanda is.......and who knows , maybe the guy who does that great job on your car will be that right guy!!......take care.............bryan
    'Ya, Wanda, this could very well be " The guy "
    you know..!!! Just maybe.., :)

And, Oh by the way Bryan, playing on the Wanda thing...well, very Corny here on your part.. OOOps, sorry, Corny, no not you....I meant........

Ok , this is getting out of hand now....

Later..........
    Frank ;)
    Okay. I'm getting the idea that you guys think I need a man in my life. :surprise: Who knows, might happen yet. Then I could let him change the oil, filters and such and I could just sit back and watch. Now that sounds like a plan. :P
  • You don"t change your own oil , do you Wanda?...no way..say it ain"t so... :cry:
    Don't be so sad. Haven't in this one yet ... my dealer offers free oil changes for life - that's free labor only. I have to pay a whole $7 for the oil, but it's cheaper than I can buy it. So I let them do it for now. . .

but, yes, in the past, I sure have (but I admit to wearing gloves so no oil under the fingernails. Changed an alternator or two and other simple stuff. Even changed my brakes back in earlier days, although I had a hard time bleeding them by myself. Took one to a station once and asked if they'd help bleed them. The mechanic asked who had done the brakes for me, and when I said I did it, he decided I had probably "torn up all kinds of things in there" and might need a complete redo. Needless to say I left and never went back. :shades:

You just never know what you can do when you're short on funds and help. ;)

Wanda
    Holy, Moly, here Wanda....Not just a pretty face ...!!

And, who said you had a " GIRLIE " car....!! !
  • Wanda is going to make some lucky guy a very happy man someday...seriously, to talk car stuff with your wife and she'll know what your talking about!!!....AWESOME!!!