(RV/MF) and incentives?

GNC517GNC517 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2020 in Subaru
2020 Impreza Base Trim Level Sedan
MF? RV?

Offer received internet price: $19,857
Lease: 36 months, 15,000 miles, $2,000 down
Monthly Payment Range: $249 ~ 259

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    GNC517 said:

    2020 Impreza Base Trim Level Sedan
    MF? RV?

    Offer received internet price: $19,857
    Lease: 36 months, 15,000 miles, $2,000 down
    Monthly Payment Range: $249 ~ 259

    Stick or CVT?
    What is your location?
    What is the MSRP?
    What does the $2000 down cover, specifically?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • GNC517GNC517 Member Posts: 6
    Sorry,
    CVT
    Location: CT, 06705
    MSRP $21,193
    Was told the monthly payment range included ALL fees.
    I just asked what the $2k cover, they weren't specific in what down payments would cover.
  • GNC517GNC517 Member Posts: 6
    The down payment is only to lower the monthly payment amount and is independent of fees completely. So it seems maybe another $1k for fees out the door...
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    GNC517 said:

    2020 Impreza Base Trim Level Sedan
    MF? RV?

    Offer received internet price: $19,857
    Lease: 36 months, 15,000 miles, $2,000 down
    Monthly Payment Range: $249 ~ 259

    GNC517 said:

    Sorry,
    CVT
    Location: CT, 06705
    MSRP $21,193
    Was told the monthly payment range included ALL fees.
    I just asked what the $2k cover, they weren't specific in what down payments would cover.

    GNC517 said:

    The down payment is only to lower the monthly payment amount and is independent of fees completely. So it seems maybe another $1k for fees out the door...

    .00070 and 58%
    $250 dealer lease cash

    I wouldn't start the lease with $2K, plus first payment and fees.

    Just first payment and registration costs - roll everything else into the monthly payment.

    Ask for a quote with only $500 due at signing, and see what they come back with.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • GNC517GNC517 Member Posts: 6
    Okay i see...
    I was going to put a larger down payment (planning to eventually finance to buy car after leasing) & to lower the monthly payment.

    After downpayment, these fees are to be paid:
    > Conveyance fee: $529
    > VIN etching (optional) $199
    > CT tax: 6.35%
    > Registration: $250 maximum
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    GNC517 said:

    Okay i see...
    I was going to put a larger down payment (planning to eventually finance to buy car after leasing) & to lower the monthly payment.

    After downpayment, these fees are to be paid:
    > Conveyance fee: $529
    > VIN etching (optional) $199
    > CT tax: 6.35%
    > Registration: $250 maximum

    Any up front money above what I recommended would be lost if the car were to be totaled or stolen during the lease.

    I'd roll the conveyance fee and VIN etching (both of which are junk fees, IMO) into the payment rather than paying them up front.

    Ask for another $700 off the selling price to offset those fees.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • GNC517GNC517 Member Posts: 6
    That dealer chose not to budge but I think I found a better offer!
    MSRP $21,229
    Dealer Discount -$1,260
    Bertera Outlet Special Price $19,969

    My Price: $19,631.00
    Doc fee: $598.85
    Title/Reg: $253
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Tax on collected items: $190.50
    Total Cap: $21,268.35

    Lease Alternatives
    $0 = $283.79
    $2,000 = $227.05
    $3,000 = $198.68
    Residual amount: 12,312.82
    ** 1st lease payment is additional and not included**

    They are the lowest I saw and won't budge much on the sales price
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    GNC517 said:

    That dealer chose not to budge but I think I found a better offer!
    MSRP $21,229
    Dealer Discount -$1,260
    Bertera Outlet Special Price $19,969

    My Price: $19,631.00
    Doc fee: $598.85
    Title/Reg: $253
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Tax on collected items: $190.50
    Total Cap: $21,268.35

    Lease Alternatives
    $0 = $283.79
    $2,000 = $227.05
    $3,000 = $198.68
    Residual amount: 12,312.82
    ** 1st lease payment is additional and not included**

    They are the lowest I saw and won't budge much on the sales price

    That's a good quote, with only the first payment due at signing.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • GNC517GNC517 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2020
    I also want to pay the fees and taxes up front to get them out the way and not lease them. And the $2K downpayment to lower monthly payments.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    GNC517 said:

    I also want to pay the fees and taxes up front to get them out the way and not lease them. And the $2K downpayment to lower monthly payments.

    That's your choice; I've already shared my opinion about that.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.