Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar X-Type: Driveline Noises At Speed

Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
edited May 2014 in Jaguar
Any comments/questions/solutions regarding noises from the Jaguar X-Type drivetrain...post them here.

Comments

• kkear3kkear3 Member Posts: 3
    I've always had a slight vibration at around 50 mph with my 2004 X-type. Not real noticeable , but there nonetheless. Dealer says it's the center diff and most had the vibe back then. No real problems to report at 46K miles, just lots of broken gas caps(3), an expensive rear brake job at $500 and 2 complete sets of tire replacements despite 10K alignments and 5K rotation. I put on Fuzion HR's. They are Bridgestone without the big ad campaign and they are excellent!
  • relorelo Member Posts: 1
    My 2003 x-type is making a whining noise when I turn the wheel when I'm in drive. It's been suggested to be the cv joint..anyone else have this expereince? I'm at 58K so the warranty is over, but this sounds serious. Any info would be appreciated.
  • jeffjagjeffjag Member Posts: 1
    My 03 Jag has an annoying noise especially on the rear right side at all speeds.
    Just got this car 2 months ago. Am not sure whether it's the tires or bearings. Any ideas? Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I don't think a worn CV joint would "whine", no. Sounds more like a power steering pump or loss of fluid to same.
This discussion has been closed.