Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Negotiating the Price on an Ordered Car

summacognossummacognos Member Posts: 2
edited December 2020 in Porsche
Hello,

I am in the midst of custom ordering a 2021 Macan GTS from my local dealer. In our discussions, the sales manager mentioned that they are not discounting any ordered vehicles. Being that I have never custom ordered before, is this a common practice or is there room to negotiate the price?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232

Hello,

I am in the midst of custom ordering a 2021 Macan GTS from my local dealer. In our discussions, the sales manager mentioned that they are not discounting any ordered vehicles. Being that I have never custom ordered before, is this a common practice or is there room to negotiate the price?

How bad do you want this car? For ordered vehicles, dealer kinda runs the show. You can agree, or you can walk.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• summacognossummacognos Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Michaell, pretty much what I figured. That said, there are a lot of dealers competing to fill upcoming order slots, so my thinking is that there may be an opportunity to get a small discount after all.