Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

National Lease deal between Camaro coupe vs convertible

Dave712Dave712 Member Posts: 12
edited February 2021 in Chevrolet
Current national lease on 2021 Camaro couple 1LZ (assuming 1LT) msrp $35,595 with competitive cash is $274/ 39 mos, first payment and zero security. I am interested in a 1LT convertible lease around $37k msrp. Is the money factor and residual the same on the couple and convertible? Looking to see if lease payments would be similar and zip is 51503 and 12k/yr. Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,318
    Answer ✓
    Dave712 said:

Are there better miles/terms that are better than others? Not opposed to shorter terms with 39/10 advertised and ok too. Also, any idea on first responder discount and competitive lease amounts are on the convertible? Wanting to lease a convertible, just wanting to know I have square info for dealing. Thank you!

39 months is the sweet spot. Get the number of miles you think you’ll need.

No first responders incentive, and I see multiple conquest incentives; check with your dealer for eligibility.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Answers

• Options
    Dave712 said:

Current national lease on 2021 Camaro couple 1LZ (assuming 1LT) msrp $35,595 with competitive cash is $274/ 39 mos, first payment and zero security. I am interested in a 1LT convertible lease around $37k msrp. Is the money factor and residual the same on the couple and convertible? Looking to see if lease payments would be similar and zip is 51503 and 12k/yr. Thanks

LT1 (1LZ)
    39/12
    'Vert - .00028 and 58%
    Coupe - .00028 and 63%

Assume the MSRP of the convertible is slightly higher ($37K) - 5% of that is almost $1800, or $50/mo higher payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Are there better miles/terms that are better than others? Not opposed to shorter terms with 39/10 advertised and ok too. Also, any idea on first responder discount and competitive lease amounts are on the convertible? Wanting to lease a convertible, just wanting to know I have square info for dealing. Thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! I have used you guys over the years for leases and you were always spot on. This round I have had 2 dealers I have done business with before hit the LT1 convertible at a 43% residual; quite aways off from the 58%. They say the do not see that higher residual anywhere on their end. Any insight?
  • Options
    Dave712 said:

Thank you for your help! I have used you guys over the years for leases and you were always spot on. This round I have had 2 dealers I have done business with before hit the LT1 convertible at a 43% residual; quite aways off from the 58%. They say the do not see that higher residual anywhere on their end. Any insight?

You sure they aren't quoting you the residual for an SS?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    They were working off a 1lt they had in stock. I will double triple check with them if that appears to be the residual on a 39/10 for the SS vs 1LT. Thank you.