Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

$1500 maintenance plan (3 year) offered by dealer - worth it?

Willow2021Willow2021 Member Posts: 8
edited February 2021 in Subaru
Offered a plan by dealer for car I’m leasing. Covers oil changes, tire rotation, checking brake lines, disc brake pads, discs, steering and suspension. The said it would cover all the recommended maintenance for the car. Would get $500 incentives and 1 month of lease free on next car I lease.

First car and not sure how much this maintenance would normally cost. Are these plans worth getting? If so is the price negotiable?

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    edited February 2021

Offered a plan by dealer for car I’m leasing. Covers oil changes, tire rotation, checking brake lines, disc brake pads, discs, steering and suspension. The said it would cover all the recommended maintenance for the car. Would get $500 incentives and 1 month of lease free on next car I lease.

First car and not sure how much this maintenance would normally cost. Are these plans worth getting? If so is the price negotiable?

I spent nowhere near $1500 in maintenance costs in the first 3 years that I've owned my Outback. Way overpriced, and probably better to pay as you go - and, stick with the maintenance from the manual, not the dealer.

"Checking" brake lines, pads, etc? Big deal. Now, if it covers replacement of those items, that's different.

And, that assumes you are going to lease another Subaru. Hard to predict what your needs will be 3 years from now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    No! Subaru's have 24 months service covered, at least here in SoCal. Plus the $500 coupon and free lease payment are given to EVERYONE...it has nothing to do with the plan they're trying to sell you. And, if you total your car/trade in early/sell, then I'm pretty sure that money goes up in smoke.

Personally, I'd find another dealer that isn't yanking your chain!